Proposal: Remove Hathor?

Hannes Papenberg

Mar 16, 2015, 5:23:18 PM3/16/15
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi folks,
I'd like to draw your attention to a proposal of Peter van Westen:
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/6303

He proposes to remove Hathor from Joomla, since it is often overlooked
when applying fixes to the backend and because apparently Isis has
caught up with most of the accessibility things that made Hathor unique.
I actually have no idea if the later is true, I don't have enough
knowledge about accessibility to be able to judge this. Just reciting
what is being said in the issue.

I wanted to draw the attention of a few people towards this, since it
could be a topic for 3.5 and since I think the proposal is a good one,
even though for slightly different reasons.

It would be nice if a few of you would join in on the discussion.

Cheers,
Hannes