Be proud guys- Joomla winner of best free CMS

ssnobben

Jan 18, 2016, 9:37:31 AM1/18/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Just so you know and have been voted ;)

Congrats Joomla and the Joomla community members et al

http://www.cmscritic.com/announcing-the-2015-winner-for-best-free-cms/

Joomlagate China

Jan 22, 2016, 8:27:06 PM1/22/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
How many other CMSes were in the competition? How many people voted? I
can not find related details in your article.

ssnobben

Jan 23, 2016, 9:35:23 AM1/23/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
It was not my article and I dont know how many was compared in the different categories but there were 3 to vote for and I hope you did vote for Joomla if you care of Joomla future :)

Hope we also catch up with php 7 so we get into the attention/buzz for people that Joomla also support php 7 and can gain that performance boost we all need. The quicker its out the quicker all 3pds will start to update their extension for Joomla php 7 too...

Example where Joomla is not at the list: https://pages.zend.com/rs/zendtechnologies/images/PHP7-Performance%20Infographic.pdf

On Saturday, 23 January 2016 02:27:06 UTC+1, Joomlagate China wrote:
How many other CMSes were in the competition? How many people voted? I
can not find related details in your article. ptout.

Joomlagate China

Jan 24, 2016, 7:29:24 AM1/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
That article is too simple, I can not use it as a proof to convince people.

Too bad that the author of that article did not provide detailed
information about that voting.

Niv Froehlich

Jan 24, 2016, 1:49:17 PM1/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
First off all, it's great to be picked as the People's Choice for #1 best free CMS!

If for no other reason, it's great to tie this into the Joomla Marketing message.

I also like what CMS Critic has to say

Let's face it, they have a very strong community and tons of supporters. There's a reason it's one of the top three most popular content management systems in the world.

Despite our differences, disagreements and squabbles (par for the course for any open project of this type) I agree that we have the greatest community out there.

I think that we should encourage each other (those who love Joomla) to vote and to maintain that status - I do believe it can have an impact on people's decisions to adopt Joomla and to be part of the project.

As a side note, looking through the list at http://www.cmscritic.com/announcing-the-2015-winner-for-best-free-cms/, I'm surprised at the number of options out there - it's daunting, to say the least.

Congrats to everybody involved!!!

Cheers,

Joomlagate China

Jan 24, 2016, 5:55:01 PM1/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Did you checked that announcement ? I tried to verify that, the result
is: I did not find any information about "best cms" or "best free cms"
or "php cms" or "joomla" on the People Choices official website:

http://blog.peopleschoice.com/2015/01/07/peoples-choice-awards-2015-winners-list/

Maybe I went to a wrong place? Could anyone tell me where is the
official Award announcement page?

Thank you.

Niv Froehlich

Jan 24, 2016, 6:46:28 PM1/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
@Joomlagate

Hopefully this provides some clarity.

1. PeoplesChoice.com and CMSCritic.com are web sites for two different organizations, the first dealing with the 'Entertainment Industry,' and the latter with the 'CMS Industry'.

2. CMS Critic has awards for CMSs, shortlisted and voted on by visitors to CMSCritic.com (CMS Critic only tabulates the results), and these are the CMSCritic.com's "People's Choice" Awards - meaning just that, 'selected by the people.'

3. The official announcement from "CMS Critic" for their awards can be found at http://awards.cmscritic.com/past-winners/

Just make sure you are checking CMSCritic.com and PeoplesChoice.com - as these are entirely two different organizations.

Cheers,

PS

IMHO, how much weight and importance anyone gives to the CMSCritic.com Awards is up-to-them, but personally, I think it's a great honour for the Joomla! Project.

Niv Froehlich

Jan 24, 2016, 6:47:45 PM1/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
and PeoplesChoice.com

correction: and not PeoplesChoice.com

wdburgdorf

Jan 25, 2016, 3:26:34 AM1/25/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Me too: I've been wondering about this award. When I started writing a blog post about it, I found that I didn't really understand what it was about. Most importantly, why did we win in category "Free CMS" and not "Open Source CMS" like last year? Since apparently the number of votes is what is counted, why didn't WP win any award this year?
Anyway, since I care about "Open Source" rather than "Free", if I didn't know Joomla and took the award seriously, I'd go for Django ...
A bit more transparency would help a lot to increase the marketing value of the award.

brian teeman

Jan 25, 2016, 4:15:48 AM1/25/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Thoae are really questions for cmscritic

Joomlagate China

Jan 25, 2016, 4:45:59 AM1/25/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
hi @wdburgdorf, I was in the same situation. I planned to write a blog
about this good news, but finally I had to give up because it is very
weak as a proof.