apologies...

Troy Hall

Jun 12, 2016, 4:18:54 PM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry I've done so little
in a very long time. My health makes it very hard for me to be
productive like so many of you are.
I love J! and love working with the Bug Squad and have learned &
forgotten so much!
I appreciate you guys allowing me to stay in the family albeit on the
outskirts. Wish I had the ability to be like Michael, Nicholaus,
George, Brian and so many others.
Anyway I don't want Brian yelling @ me for invalid post so I better sush.
Just wanted to say I care about each of you and I'm sorry I'm not better.
Bear

Sergio Manzi

Jun 12, 2016, 4:22:26 PM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Come on, Bear, you made MUCH more than many others...

Your words are also a testament of a sensible soul and we all love you for that.

73

smz

Troy Hall

Jun 12, 2016, 4:52:39 PM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
ty sergio :-[

Chad Windnagle

Jun 12, 2016, 6:52:56 PM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Troy,

I I just want to say - you should never feel obligated to contribute to a project. And, you should never feel guilty when you don't have the time. It's a volunteer project, and for the project to be healthy the volunteers should feel that they won't be disliked, or accused of not being active, or scolded if they find themselves unable to participate.

Everyone who contributes, please feel confident in knowing that, yes, Joomla does need and rely on you, but no, you will not be scorned for not being available.

The is some great content about volunteering you may want to check out (when you have time!):

5 Stages of Open Source Volunteering

(An oldie but goodie): Open Source Projects and Poisonous People

Regards,
Chad Windnagle

ty sergio :-[

Troy Hall

Jun 12, 2016, 7:06:46 PM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Nobody has ever chided me for not being more active.
I do get annoyed when a "issue" i bring up is summarily dismissed then someone else who is "better connnected" brings it up in another ticket and its accepted and acted upon.
And i do feel austercized(?) when i can't participate in the events like I would like to, but thats not J! fault.
The only time I've ever been "admonished" is way back in 1.6 / 1.7 days when we had a massive infection of poisonous people and I jumped on my soapbox and wouldn't shut up, since i'm not PC at all It was not good behavior on my part so they were right to do so.
All in all my experience in J! has been pleasant and personally rewarding/beneficial
Bear
To post to this group, send email to joomla-...@googlegroups.com.

Alex Smirnov

Jun 13, 2016, 12:39:21 AM6/13/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
In volunteering saying Hi, Thank You or Sorry is not less valuable than getting things done. Let's face it, we all volunteer for the fun of it and a positive and considerate environment does matter.

Take it easy on yourself, Bear.

Regards,

Alex

brian teeman

Jun 13, 2016, 7:24:28 AM6/13/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
@bear

At Joomladay NL my keynote was called the Volunteer Ladder where I attempted to suggest that measuring a volunteer by the hours they spend contributing is not a good metric