What are the possible filter values for some form fields

Edric Navarro (enav)

Apr 15, 2014, 3:16:22 AM4/15/14
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joomla! people...

I have a real time locating the document that list the possible and correct values for the filter property, I'm talking about the filter property of some Joomla! form fields like the text field, see http://docs.joomla.org/Text_form_field_type.

If you have an idea where to find that list of possible values or give me the information about it i will create a new document page.

Cheers.
Edric Navarro.

Bakual

Apr 15, 2014, 5:07:45 AM4/15/14
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

INT:       An integer,
UINT:      An unsigned integer,
FLOAT:     A floating point number,
BOOLEAN:   A boolean value,
WORD:      A string containing A-Z or underscores only (not case sensitive),
ALNUM:     A string containing A-Z or 0-9 only (not case sensitive),
CMD:       A string containing A-Z, 0-9, underscores, periods or hyphens (not case sensitive),
BASE64:    A string containing A-Z, 0-9, forward slashes, plus or equals (not case sensitive),
STRING:    A fully decoded and sanitised string (default),
HTML:      A sanitised string,
ARRAY:     An array,
PATH:      A sanitised file path,
USERNAME:  Do not use (use an application specific filter),
RAW:       The raw string is returned with no filtering,
unknown:   An unknown filter will act like STRING. If the input is an array it will return an
           array of fully decoded and sanitised strings.

Bakual

Apr 15, 2014, 5:10:52 AM4/15/14
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Disclaimer: At least I would expect it to be that. I haven't tested :)

Tom Hutchison

Apr 15, 2014, 7:26:35 AM4/15/14
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
http://docs.joomla.org/Retrieving_request_data_using_JInput

Please improve if you can Edric.

Thanks
Tom

---
Tom Hutchison
Joomla! Production Leadership

Edric Navarro (enav)

Apr 16, 2014, 4:34:21 AM4/16/14
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick answer guys, awesome as always, I will an some tests make sure it works and let you know my next move on this topic