Plugins missing with update

Webdongle Elgnodbew

Aug 24, 2016, 2:53:58 PM8/24/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
With some users they are missing plg_installer_folderinstaller and plg_installer_urlinstaller records in the database.  I have noticed that the <name> tag in their xml files is upper case but the plg_installer_packageinstaller (which installs) has lower case.  Could some server (for whatever reason) be failing to insert those records because of the case in the <name> tag of their xml files ?

Not sure if it is the reason or if it is why some servers will fail to insert the record ... but shouldn't the case in those two plugins xml files be consistent with that of the xml file for plg_installer_packageinstaller plugin ?

Michael Babker

Aug 24, 2016, 3:08:34 PM8/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
For consistency's sake it'd be better to have them lowercased, but the thing with updates is that when we add new extensions to core they don't run through the extension install API the same as installing a new extension does.  They are added to the filesystem by way of the update package and the database by way of the schema update system.  Database > Fix won't add them because it doesn't run INSERT statements.

The fact they're missing more than likely means other parts of the update didn't run correctly.  Or it did run but because of Joomla's overzealous admin cache they won't show up until that cache refreshes.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Webdongle Elgnodbew <in...@weblinksonline.co.uk> wrote:
With some users they are missing plg_installer_folderinstaller and plg_installer_urlinstaller records in the database.  I have noticed that the <name> tag in their xml files is upper case but the plg_installer_packageinstaller (which installs) has lower case.  Could some server (for whatever reason) be failing to insert those records because of the case in the <name> tag of their xml files ?

Not sure if it is the reason or if it is why some servers will fail to insert the record ... but shouldn't the case in those two plugins xml files be consistent with that of the xml file for plg_installer_packageinstaller plugin ?

Webdongle Elgnodbew

Aug 24, 2016, 3:50:56 PM8/24/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi Michael

Or it did run but because of Joomla's overzealous admin cache they won't show up until that cache refreshes

Nope the records are not in the database.

They are added to the filesystem by way of the update package and the database by way of the schema update system.  Database > Fix won't add them because it doesn't run INSERT statements.

Yep I know that ... but Extensions >>> Manage >>> Discover >>> install ... will insert the records into the #__extensions Table of the database.  But it inserts them as the last records not in the ID's like the update sql specifies.

On Wednesday, 24 August 2016 20:08:34 UTC+1, Michael Babker wrote:
[...]

Michael Babker

Aug 24, 2016, 3:58:42 PM8/24/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Then something about how the update is being run is causing the 3.6.0 schema changes to not be applied.  So I'd be looking through https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/tree/3.6.0/administrator/components/com_admin/sql/updates/mysql and ensuring all the changes are in the database and if not figuring out what went wrong.