Is this the future of web design?

Robert G Mears

May 6, 2015, 12:28:53 AM5/6/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Cardwell

May 6, 2015, 8:08:44 AM5/6/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, pretty sure spam has been a big part of the industry for 20 years.

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 11:28:53 PM UTC-5, Robert G Mears wrote:
Canva

Robert G Mears

May 6, 2015, 8:04:14 PM5/6/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, pretty sure spam has been a big part of the industry for 20 years.

According to the reviews this is getting it is not spam.

Joseph Cardwell

May 6, 2015, 8:32:10 PM5/6/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
According to the laws of spam, it is.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Robert G Mears <plai...@gninc.ca> wrote:
Yeah, pretty sure spam has been a big part of the industry for 20 years.

According to the reviews this is getting it is not spam.

Message has been deleted

Robert G Mears

May 6, 2015, 11:52:02 PM5/6/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
According to the laws of spam, it is.
What are the laws of "spam"?

Chad Windnagle

May 7, 2015, 12:21:38 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
seriously this thread is spam. someone close or lock this.

Regards,
Chad Windnagle

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Robert G Mears <plai...@gninc.ca> wrote:
According to the laws of spam, it is.
What are the laws of "spam"?

Robert G Mears

May 7, 2015, 8:57:56 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

seriously this thread is spam. someone close or lock this.

Chad,

I am not working for canva. I'm a freelance designer. I have spent considerable time investigating various CMSs and decided to go with Joomla!. I got involved back when J 3.2 had its ... ah ... hiccup and people were locked out of their sites. Even figured out the cause for that.

Having invested considerable time learning to use Joomla and having now assembled a tutorial website for potential clients so they can learn this CMS fairly easily, and being ready to take my skills and knowledge to the street (as it were) I was horrified when one potential client posted a link to that "service" on FB.

If this is to be the way of things then it appears to me that I have just wasted a lot of time.

Robert

Michael Babker

May 7, 2015, 9:05:43 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I think if you would've opened the thread with more than just a link to Canva it wouldn't have gotten dismissed so quickly.

Robert G Mears

May 7, 2015, 9:17:45 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I think if you would've opened the thread with more than just a link to Canva it wouldn't have gotten dismissed so quickly.

I'm not a newcomer here.

Hannes Papenberg

May 7, 2015, 9:43:28 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Neither am I, but I still don't tend to simply paste a link to some
commercial website without any explanation whatsoever. What would you
think if I simply send a link to wordpress.com over this mailinglist?
You would be equally confused and simply think that the mail account of
a list-member was hijacked and that this was spam. Even the topic of
your first mail is rather ambigious in that regard. I get probably 2-3
spam mails per day that simply read "This is the future of X" and then
contains simply a link or just a little bit more text. If it looks like
Spam, smells like Spam, tastes like Spam and the vikings are chanting, I
normally expect it to be spam. ;-)

Hannes

Robert G Mears

May 7, 2015, 9:51:03 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, then, for my choice of words. I do not get such in my inboxes.

Anyway, the question remains: Is do-it-yourself the way of the future for graphic and web design?

Robert

Hannes Papenberg

May 7, 2015, 10:32:18 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I can answer that question pretty simple: No.

I know what I can do and what I can't. I know I can code a CMS like
Joomla, but I damn well know, that I can't design shit. Unless I want my
stuff to look like any other template out there or have it look like
crap, I will still have to rely on graphics designers. Similarly for
developing code for websites. Yes, you can do a lot with such a service
or Dreamweaver or any of the other toolboxes out there, but in the end
those will not replace a professional.

Hannes

Tomasz Kisielewski

May 7, 2015, 10:33:20 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't say so, people who love DIY they have some knowledge and courage to explore, learn, try new things. They will quickly dump drag and drop design, I doubt it works well with Joomla, Drupal or WordPress and it is not exciting . Much easier is to find free template and modify it. I still can't see how this topic is relevant to joomla dev mailing list...

web design and development

www.tkstudiodesign.com

Nils Rückmann

May 7, 2015, 10:42:18 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Spam or not, this is not a topic for this mailing list.

Leo Lammeirnk

May 7, 2015, 11:25:00 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
+1: this has nothing to do with Joomla and does not belong here

On 5/7/2015 9:42 PM, Nils Rückmann wrote:
Spam or not, this is not a topic for this mailing list.

romacron

May 7, 2015, 11:40:21 AM5/7/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
please close this thread.
thx

Am 07.05.2015 um 17:24 schrieb Leo Lammeirnk:
> +1: this has nothing to do with Joomla and does not belong here
>
> On 5/7/2015 9:42 PM, Nils Rückmann wrote:
>> Spam or not, this is not a topic for this mailing list.
>> --
>
> --
Diese Nachricht ist ausschließlich für den/die beabsichtigte/n
Empfänger/in bestimmt. Sie enthält vertrauliche und gegebenenfalls
rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der/die
Adressat/in sein oder diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, bitten
wir Sie freundlichst, sie an den/die Absender/in zurückzusenden und sie
einschließlich aller angefertigten Kopien zu vernichten. Die Weitergabe
und das unerlaubte Kopieren dieser Nachricht sind nicht gestattet.

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may
contain confidential and possibly privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error, we
kindly ask you to notify the sender and destroy these messages including
all copies thereof. Any disclosure or unauthorized copying of this
message is strictly forbidden.

This conversation is locked