Contributions

Siddhartha Chowdhuri

Jun 27, 2016, 8:12:38 PM6/27/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to Joomla and wanted to do some Open Source Contribution.Don't know where to start off. A little head start will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Siddhartha.

Niels Braczek

Jun 27, 2016, 10:30:07 PM6/27/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Siddhartha,

> I'm a newbie to Joomla and wanted to do some Open Source Contribution.Don't
> know where to start off. A little head start will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your interest in the Joomla! project!

In fact, Joomla! consists not only of the CMS, but of a bunch of
sub-projects. You can find them all on GitHub:

- https://github.com/joomla
- https://github.com/joomla-framework
- https://github.com/joomla-projects

The main project, the CMS, is located at
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms.

A good starting point for newbies is testing pull requests (PRs). They
all should contain test instructions, so you can test them, even without
being familiar with the code structure of Joomla!.

Once you're ready to contribute code, the issue tracker of each
sub-project contains things, that need to be worked on.

Just pick something, that fits your interest and skills, and start
working on it.

Seeing forward to your contributions!

Regards,
Niels

--
| New Stars on the Horizon: GreenCape · nibralab · laJoom |
| http://www.bsds.de · BSDS Braczek Software- und DatenSysteme |