jQuery squeezebox

ced1870

Mar 20, 2015, 2:29:16 PM3/20/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
if I'm right, today the only script that is still dependant on mootools in joomla 3 is the modal sqeezebox. I  understand that we can not change it for another jquery box without breaking the compatibility and this is not possible before joomla 4.

But does anyone have proposed or tried to migrate the sqeezebox script to jquery to keep the compatibility ?
Regards
CEd

dgt41

Mar 20, 2015, 3:28:02 PM3/20/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

There is another approach for this: joomla will use the modal of bootstrap! There are already few places in administrator area where this is applied (user notes modal and multilingual status) and there are a bunch more PR to totally get mootools out of the picture!

You can help by doing some testing on these:

Regards

Dimitris

ced1870

Mar 21, 2015, 3:51:15 AM3/21/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
ok but this will not keep the compatibility with existing modals that are based on squeeezebox. I mean if you use the javascript and call the squeezebox fonction, your bootstrap modal will not work there. Or am I wrong ?

dgt41

Mar 21, 2015, 10:53:39 AM3/21/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Mootools squeezebox will remain there, till 4.0. So if you had something working will not stop once joomla makes these changes. Essentially it’s down to 3PD to align the code with the core. That will be extremely easy since all those changes are based on Layouts, so they are totally overridable. As an example: the core will provide all the modals for frond end (protostar template) rendered by bootstrap, some template club might use foundation modal for the same modals since their templates are based on foundation.
Of course as you stated on your comment above this solution isn’t a direct replacement of mootools modal so there might be cases where a designer/dev will have to get his hands dirty and make an override…
I hope that this makes some sense...

ced1870

Mar 22, 2015, 5:38:01 AM3/22/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
thanks I will check the overrides technique :)