where to submit this code

chris.r...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2017, 10:53:59 AM2/11/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi all;

I noticed Joomla is supporting tree modelling with JTableNested and this is used across the CMS. However it seems that one needs to implement it in his own way, each time again. For example when displaying a list.

This strikes me as odd, since 'flat' list views are available as part of the package.

Am I missing something here or is there really no support other than JTableNested?

In that case I'd like to write my own supporting libraries, for administrating and viewing nested set trees. And that would lead me to the next question: how would I contribute that? Doesn't seem like an extension to me?

Thanks and best greetings from the Netherlands
Chris

Webdongle Elgnodbew

Feb 11, 2017, 11:47:19 AM2/11/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
You could create a tracker in https://github.com/joomla/jissues explaining why you think the code should be included and link to a Pull Request for the code that you wish to introduce

Walt Sorensen aka photodude

Feb 14, 2017, 11:01:46 AM2/14/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Take a look at the FOF3 library/framework It might already do what your thinking. https://github.com/akeeba/fof

Michael Babker

Feb 14, 2017, 11:08:36 AM2/14/17
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
It really depends what you're aiming to accomplish I guess.  JTableNested is really designed to be a base class to help with implementing nested tree models.  But it doesn't really do much else in the MVC layer as you've pointed out.

So the question kinda becomes what are you suggesting to add or improve on?