Permissions of Custom Fields

Martijn Maandag

Apr 24, 2017, 4:45:08 AM4/24/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
I am making helpscreens on docs.joomla.org.
Maybe I don't know enough about ACL in Joomla but...
In Custom Fields we do have a TAB Permissions.
Edit State will be the attributes.
We do find here Edit and Edit Custom Field Value.
What is the difference?

brian teeman

Apr 24, 2017, 5:53:48 AM4/24/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
from the top of my head

Edit means you can edit the field
Edit Custom field value means can you can edit an entry for a field

Martijn Maandag

Apr 24, 2017, 10:05:51 AM4/24/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
I still don't understand.
You can edit an entry = You can create a custom field?
Isn't that the state?
==
And does somebody know why there is no "Show On" (Site/Administrator/Both) on the Options TAB of a "User" Custom Field (all the other Field do have), or is this a bug?