Did joomla was made inspired in any framework ?

Edric Navarro (enav)

Oct 9, 2016, 1:20:50 AM10/9/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello i wonder if joomla api and or mvc pattern and or folder structure was some how inspired in any other framework like sinphony or cakephp or anything else. If not which framework looks more familliar to joomla. Thanks

Johan Janssens

Oct 9, 2016, 5:42:19 PM10/9/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello Edric,

When I developed the Joomla 1.5 framework and MVC implemenation in 2005/2006 I took inspiration from many different frameworks and resources most of these framework do no longer exist today. The frameworks you mention where not used as inspiration, they didn't exist yet at the time, or didn't have a MVC implementation yet. Joomla was one of the first PHP applications to try and implement the MVC pattern at it's core architecture.

Is there anything specific you are looking for ? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Happy coding!

Johan