Web links beta release

Chris Davenport

Nov 28, 2016, 5:20:37 PM11/28/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of a beta release of the Web Links component/package.  Web Links is a "core supported" Joomla extension officially maintained by the Joomla Production Leadership Team (PLT).

Please test it and let us have your feedback on the Web Links issue tracker (https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/weblinks) but remember that this is a BETA release and is not suitable for installation on production sites.

You can install this release using the regular Joomla extension installer by first downloading it from here: https://github.com/joomla-extensions/weblinks/releases/tag/3.6.0-beta

In addition to the usual bug fixes, these are some of the highlights in this release:
• Group by subcategories in mod_weblinks
• Implements searchtools, filters, dropdown actions and counting
• Database collation changed to utf8mb4
• Some language string changes
• Optional Captcha added to front-end web links form

All being well, the next release will be made approximately one week from now.  Depending on the feedback from this release it will be either another beta release or a release candidate (RC).  A stable release can be expected shortly after the RC.

Please note that we are marking this release as installable only on Joomla versions from 3.6 onwards as we will only be supporting it on the latest version of Joomla at the time of release.

Thanks to all who have been involved with the development of this latest web links release.  In particular, Yves Hoppe, zero-24, Niels Nübel, Javier Gomez, Andre Pereira da Silva, Nicola Galgano, Jelle Kok, Tito Alvarez, Wim de Ruijter, Prital Patel, Kshitij Sharma

The GitHub repository can be found here: https://github.com/joomla-extensions/weblinks

You can see the list of pull requests merged since the last release here: https://github.com/joomla-extensions/weblinks/pulls?page=1&q=merged%3A%3E%3D2016-03-22&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Chris.

--
Chris Davenport
Joomla Production Leadership Team

jms

Nov 29, 2016, 6:22:45 AM11/29/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I have seen quite a few errors in the ini files as well as in plg_finder_weblinks xml.

JM