language string question

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 7:21:07 PM2/6/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Guys I received an email asking why the DATE_FORMAT_LC2 is in 24 hour format

This was the question just wondering if there was a technical reason.

Can you help me understand why the datetime formats (DATE_FORMAT_LC2) are 24 hour format? H:i,and not g:i a?

Niels Braczek

Feb 6, 2017, 10:38:38 PM2/6/17
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Mostly because that's the standard notation all over the world [1]. The
12-hour format is used in English-speaking regions only (United States
and the Commonwealth) [2].
If you want to use the 12-hour format, you can override the language string.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_and_time_representation_by_country

Regards,
Niels

--
| New Stars on the Horizon: GreenCape · nibralab · laJoom |
| http://www.bsds.de · BSDS Braczek Software- und DatenSysteme |

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2017, 10:32:40 PM2/11/17
to Joomla! CMS Development, nbra...@bsds.de