Autocomplete (mod_finder) not working in 3.5.1

Allan Dowdeswell

Apr 23, 2016, 5:14:45 PM4/23/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
I think the latest update broke the autocomplete on the search module. Now I get console errors saying:
ReferenceError: Class is not defined               autocompleter.js:2:5
TypeError: Autocompleter is undefined

I notice there is a message in autocompleter.js at the top:
//@deprecated  3.4

I also had to remove the return statement on autocompleter.js line 290 to remedy an "unreachable code" message.

What should I do?

Allan Dowdeswell

Apr 23, 2016, 5:34:26 PM4/23/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
I learned that this was caused by disabling MooTools. Now I have autocomplete working.

SO—can we cut the cord with MooTools sometime? It's a rather large library.

Chris Davenport

Apr 23, 2016, 5:43:58 PM4/23/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
The current version of Joomla already uses jQuery for autocompletion.  My guess is you have a template override which is still using the old MooTools version.  Compare the core code with your override and merge the changes as required.

Chris.

On 23 April 2016 at 22:34, Allan Dowdeswell <alter...@gmail.com> wrote:
I learned that this was caused by disabling MooTools. Now I have autocomplete working.

SO—can we cut the cord with MooTools sometime? It's a rather large library.

Chris Davenport
Joomla Production Leadership Team

Allan Dowdeswell

Apr 25, 2016, 6:55:08 PM4/25/16