Administrator Link To Edit Article With Pre~Selected Category

Russ Winter

Apr 27, 2018, 9:09:51 PM4/27/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
HI Guys,

been trying to figure this out for a bit, but just don't seem to be able to get the right variable...
I'm adding a direct link, in administrator, to create a new article with the category already selected.

I can get the edit/new link but don't seem to be able to set the category

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit&jform[catid]=24

Any idea of what the URL variable is to set the category correctly for the article please...

--
Regards,
Russ Winter

Viper

Apr 28, 2018, 2:32:36 AM4/28/18
to Joomla! CMS Development
You can't do that.
Only if you write plugin for that.

Randy Carey

Apr 28, 2018, 8:56:54 AM4/28/18
to Joomla! CMS Development
I wrote a plugin that allows one to do that.  Here is a link to the page of its instructions and access to the plugin: http://icueproject.com/products/set-filters

This behavior was present up through 3.1.x, but (inadverantly) removed in 3.2 with code that changed how input parameters store the filter settings.  I wrote this plugin to restore this behavior, as I depend upon this behavior to give clients dashboard links to pages with preset filters.

Russ Winter

Apr 28, 2018, 10:06:28 PM4/28/18
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
thanks Randy, appreciate your time...