Joomla 3.8/4.0 components

Hannes Papenberg

Dec 17, 2017, 6:45:51 AM12/17/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi folks,
I'm starting a new component and as I understood it, you should be able
to create a component that is 4.0-style, which also runs in 3.8. So I
looked at com_content in 4.0 and it has this dispatcher.php and I was
expecting this to work in 3.8, too, which is not the case...

So, long story short: Can we already use the new component structure in
Joomla 3.8? Or should we stick to the old component style, just with
updated class- and namespace-names?

Regards,
Hannes

Allon Moritz

Dec 18, 2017, 2:14:05 AM12/18/17
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Use the old style. Feature backport will be done with 3.9.