how can i list all groups of a jform object

Edric Navarro (enav)

Jun 6, 2017, 2:07:57 PM6/6/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello

As far as i can understand Joomla! forms have the following structure/hierarchy:

form > fields (aka groups) > field,

I know how to get a list of all fieldssets and each individual field but i have no idea how to get a list of all groups.

Im trying to create an script that list all the groups, then get a list of all fieldsets per group and all fields per fieldset.

I suspect i may need to use the method getXml() and list the groups using a selector, but before doing it i want to make sure the feature i need is not already made but im failing to see it.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.