PhpStorm License Renewal

Niels Braczek

May 16, 2015, 7:26:32 AM5/16/15
to joomla-dev-cms@googlegroups.com >> Joomla! CMS Development
Good News!

JetBrains has decided to continue supporting Joomla! with free licenses.

The rules have changed, though. There is no longer one single key for
all of us. We've got a pool of 60 individual licenses instead, which is
exactly the number of instances we had during the past year.

So here is how I'm going to handle the new situation:

If you just want to try PhpStorm, please make use of the free 30-day
trial (https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/). It has no functional
restrictions.

Due to the limited number of licenses, some selection criteria is
needed. Since the license is granted for Joomla! development, I'll only
invite contributors.
If you want to apply for a license, send a mail to nbra...@bsds.de,
together with a proof (link) of your contribution to Joomla! within the
last year. I'll then send you an invitation link, which will connect one
of the licenses to your JetBrains account (the account is created during
the process, if you don't have one yet).

*Develop with pleasure!*

Regards,
Niels

--
| New Stars on the Horizon: GreenCape · nibralab · laJoom |
| http://www.bsds.de · BSDS Braczek Software- und DatenSysteme |

Vic Drover

May 16, 2015, 10:37:02 AM5/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Thanks for that.

Cheers,

Victor Drover
Founder and CEO, Anything Digital
Co-founder, Watchful.li & jInbound.com
262-923-8200 ext. 0
Facebook: AnythingDigital | watchfulli | JInbound
Twitter: @VicDrover | @AnythingDig | @watchfulli | @JoomlaInbound

Dmitry Rekun

May 16, 2015, 11:05:47 AM5/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com, nbra...@bsds.de
Thank you Niels and JetBrains. That's really positive news.

Sergio Manzi

May 16, 2015, 11:22:04 AM5/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
+1!

brian teeman

May 16, 2015, 11:28:08 AM5/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Thats great news. Also happy to see jetbrains working to ensure it is not abused any more by freeloaders

Roland Dalmulder

May 19, 2015, 5:34:04 AM5/19/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
In addition to this, we had a Dutch Joomla Developers meeting all about PhpStorm last month where Mikhail from Jetbrains participated in a Q&A. This was very useful. As a follow-up Jisse and I provided Mikhail with a list (and issue tracker) of improvements we would like to see in PhpStorm to better support Joomla, which he is working on.

Mikhail will also attend JAB, so I was happy to hear that :)

Dmitry Rekun

May 3, 2016, 8:49:27 AM5/3/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hello!

Do we have it for 2016 also? :)

Niels Braczek

May 3, 2016, 10:36:53 AM5/3/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Am 03.05.2016 um 14:49 schrieb Dmitry Rekun:

> Do we have it for 2016 also? :)

We got a renewal on our pool, so your copy should renew automatically.

Walt Sorensen

May 3, 2016, 1:38:58 PM5/3/16
to Joomla! CMS Development, nbra...@bsds.de
Looks like they added a plugin for Joomla support to PHPStorm recently too.

At the moment it includes the following features:
  • JHTML::_($argument) support
  • Ability to create a new project - Joomla extension with predefined stubs that can be adjusted for your needs in Settings->File and Code Templates
  • Joomla! code style that can be selected in Settings->Code Style->PHP->Set from..
  • We detect Joomla when you open a Joomla! module/plugin/extension or Joomla! root folder and suggest to adjust your include path and code style.

https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8288

sup...@jlhwebdesigns.com

May 3, 2016, 2:35:35 PM5/3/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Can I obtain a license for PHPStorm through the pool -- and at what cost? I am located in the USA.

Jim Holloman

Niels Braczek

May 3, 2016, 5:28:38 PM5/3/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

> Can I obtain a license for PHPStorm through the pool -- and at what cost? I am located in the USA.

Please send me a PM regarding this with a link to your contributions.

Dmitry Rekun

May 6, 2016, 9:11:23 AM5/6/16
to Joomla! CMS Development, nbra...@bsds.de
Awesome! Thanks :)