Control Panel (Admin) Template on Joomla 4

Armen O.

Sep 21, 2017, 4:37:26 PM9/21/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Why does in Joomla 4 in the control panel plan to enter only the "Atom" template? Why in the new version do not leave the old good template "ISIS" and together with it "Atom" so that users are given a choice with which template to work in the administration part? For example, "Atom" is not at all convenient for me and I just like "ISIS". I think that such users like me a lot.

George Wilson

Sep 22, 2017, 6:42:03 AM9/22/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Joomla has migrated from a customised Bootstrap 2 to Bootstrap 4. To add back in ISIS would mean rewriting it from the ground up. In some cases with bootstrap classes that no longer exist (for example panels are replaced with a similar but different concept of cards in BS4). As a result we're choosing to only have 1 admin template that we can pour all our resources into rather than trying to maintain two templates (note in Joomla 3 how Hathor is massively feature incomplete compared to ISIS)

Kind Regards,
George