Best Layout method

Marc Teichtahl

Apr 8, 2015, 12:14:39 AM4/8/15
to joi...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I am currently laying out a deep hierarchy data model

The adjacency list is as below for reference along with my current layout.

Id like this to be layed out is more of a hierarchical model supporting cross relationships.

My links are being added in the following way

function makeLink(parentElementLabel, childElementLabel) {
return new joint.dia.Link({
source: {id: parentElementLabel},
target: {id: childElementLabel},
attrs: {'.marker-target': {d: 'M 4 0 L 0 2 L 4 4 z'}},
smooth: false
});
}

I have tried all the link types (metro, orthogonal, manhattan) and none seem to provide a clean layout.

the paper configuration im using is

var paper = new joint.dia.Paper({
el: $('#schemaChart'),
width: $('#schemaChart').width(),
model: graph,
gridSize: 1
});

If possible, Im hoping someone could recommend a better layout and/or approach

{
    "RBAC": [
        "Role1",
        "Role2",