Team Based Care

1 view

Jim Rose

May 10, 2013, 11:32:56 AM5/10/13
to johns-hopki...@googlegroups.com
I am doing research on team based care models, specifically the tools and processes used to coordinate care.  My hypothesis is that existing technologies do not adequately support the emerging models of care, and do not provide to the patient proper perspectives on multi-provider driven care plans.   These challenges are central to medical homes and ACOs.  My goal is to get better definition around the business problem and use cases, from which I plan to develop and prototype new tools to help providers better coordinate care.

I welcome any and all input on this subject.  Please contact me directly to arrange a time to talk.

Thank you,

Jim Rose

703 537 5050

Tim Simard

May 11, 2013, 5:09:59 PM5/11/13
to johns-hopki...@googlegroups.com

Jim,

We agree with your assertion and have been working on an extension of what we call a “shared action plan” developed between a clinician and a patient via a “consultation and collaboration” process specific to a patient’s condition and a given protocol. The extension is based on our PCMH (alpha) and Care in the Cloud (for condition mgmt) solutions in which we create an “aggregated care plan” that is pulled from selected points of care across the care continuum to enable new models of care like ACOs and value based delivery systems. This Aggregated Care Plan will help the patient and their entire care team including friends and family to be more aware of schedules and care plans and such and avoid costly inefficiencies like missed appointments. We continue to work on this effort. I can be reached at tsi...@anthuriumsi.com and my mobile is 781-249-0056 and would be happy to share what we know or collaborate.

Sincerely,

Tim