OpenOffice.org as a service getting stopped

José Menezes

Mar 14, 2012, 8:43:09 PM3/14/12
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends,

I am running OpenOffice.org as a service.

But after a while, it is getting killed (or terminated... or stopped...).

It is very important to me to maintain OpenOffice running...

Could anyone give me a help?

Thanks very very much!

hadv

Mar 15, 2012, 5:44:55 AM3/15/12
to JODConverter
Hi Jose,

Which version of JODConverter did you use?

José Menezes

Mar 15, 2012, 11:53:30 AM3/15/12
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
My version is 2.2.2

hadv

Mar 15, 2012, 9:44:18 PM3/15/12
to JODConverter
I recommenced that you should use JODConverter 3.0.4; then you can run
multi-instance of office service and JODConverter will restart the
office service if it stopped.

Hope this help!

José de Menezes

Mar 16, 2012, 12:07:58 PM3/16/12
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com, dvi...@gmail.com
Hello Hadv,

What is the command line for 3.0.4 version?

Command line I am using:

java -jar -Xms32M -Xmx128M /usr/local/src/jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-4/lib/jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-4.jar T_A_DE-TELEMARKETING.ppt T_A_DE-TELEMARKETING.html

Error message displayed:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: officeHome not set and could not be auto-detected
        at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.buildOfficeManager(DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.java:163)
        at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.Convert.main(Convert.java:111)

Thanks for the help!