Converting to (from) MS Office 2007 formats.

ivanatora

Dec 21, 2009, 10:19:27 AM12/21/09
to JODConverter
Hello,
I'm using jodconverter-2.2.2 and OpenOffice 3.1
I try to convert some text format to a docx I get the following error:
java -jar lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.2.jar ~/documents/test.doc ~/
documents/aidede.docx
Dec 21, 2009 5:13:13 PM
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
connect
INFO: connected
Dec 21, 2009 5:13:13 PM
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
disposing
INFO: disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
unsupported conversion: from Microsoft Word to Microsoft Word 2007 XML
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert
(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:102)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert
(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:74)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert
(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:70)
at com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.convertOne
(ConvertDocument.java:154)
at com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.main
(ConvertDocument.java:133)
The situation is the same when I try to convert XLS to XLSX.
I've read on the Internet (http://drupal.org/node/453950) that you
have added support for Office 2007 in jodconverter 2.2.2. version. Is
there something else I'm missing here?

Regards,
Ivan.

Mirko Nasato

Dec 22, 2009, 7:26:33 AM12/22/09
to JODConverter
OOo can only open docx and xlsx, not save them.
Message has been deleted

Tom Ryan

Jan 1, 2010, 7:42:21 PM1/1/10
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
You can not use it to convert to docx/etc formats.

It is just an interface to openoffice.

Tom