Can't convert using command-line

Bruno Saboia

Mar 23, 2011, 3:49:53 PM3/23/11
to JODConverter
Hi everyone,

I've installed JODConverter, but can't use it properly. It gives me a
rather bizarre error (at least as it reads.)

The bash output goes like this:

23/03/2011 16:42:17
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
connect
INFO: connected
23/03/2011 16:42:17
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
disposing
INFO: disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
unsupported input format: Portable Document Format
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
99)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
74)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
70)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.convertOne(ConvertDocument.java:
154)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.main(ConvertDocument.java:
139)

I've tried to Google for it, but no success. Does anyone knows what is
happening?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bruno

Bruno Saboia

Mar 23, 2011, 4:43:56 PM3/23/11
to JODConverter
By the way, I don't know it that is important, but I'm running on
OpenSuSE Linux, version 11.3

Regards,

Bruno

sagar priyadarshi

Mar 23, 2011, 11:20:23 PM3/23/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

you are giving pdf file as input. Try to check if conversino happens givinng any other format like doc file as input. It should work

Sagar Priyadarshi

Richard Gathogo

Mar 24, 2011, 2:38:08 AM3/24/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please give the command that you are trying to execute. You might be reversing the order of documents.
Regards Richard Gathogo.
+4521843194
Java Developer,
Skype: muraguri2005

sagar priyadarshi

Mar 24, 2011, 2:46:54 AM3/24/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
For ex: for jodconverter2.2.0 soemthing like

java -jar lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.0.jar <source-file-name(give full path)> <output-file-name(give full path)>

java -jar lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.0.jar  /user/spp/test.doc /user/akp/test.pdf
will convert doc file into pdf file

Bruno Saboia

Mar 24, 2011, 11:17:13 AM3/24/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, but I want the other way arround. I don't want PDF -> DOC, I want DOC -> PDF. I used exactly the same command that is in the help section, except, of course, by the path of the two files.

Here is the link for the help:

http://www.artofsolving.com/node/13

java -jar lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.0.jar document.doc document.pdf
java -jar lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.0.jar -f pdf *.odt

I tried both ways, same error. Does it means that I can't go PDF -> ODT?

Regards,

Bruno

Brian Fenton

Mar 24, 2011, 11:55:15 AM3/24/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

PDF as an input isn't supported by OpenOffice yet. You can test this manually by opening a PDF in OpenOffice and trying to export.

See http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter/guide/supportedformats
and http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Filter/FilterList_OOo_3_0

Brian

Bruno Saboia

Mar 24, 2011, 2:07:25 PM3/24/11
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Aw, sorry for my confusion. What I want is to go from PDF to ODT. But thanks anyway.

Regards,

Bruno

Shervin

Mar 25, 2011, 5:35:36 AM3/25/11
to JODConverter
It might still be possible to do this.

If you install the PDF Viewer plugin i OpenOffice.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport you can
perhaps store the PDF's in ODT

Shervin

On 24 Mar, 19:07, Bruno Saboia <brunosab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Aw, sorry for my confusion. What I want is to go from PDF to ODT. But thanks
> anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruno
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Brian Fenton <brian.fen...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > PDF as an input isn't supported by OpenOffice yet. You can test this
> > manually by opening a PDF in OpenOffice and trying to export.
>
> > See
> >http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter/guide/supportedfo...
> > and
> >http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Filter/Fil...
>
> > Brian

Shervin

Mar 25, 2011, 5:37:04 AM3/25/11
to JODConverter
You can save it in OpenOffice Draw (odg)

Shervin

On 25 Mar, 10:35, Shervin <shervin.asg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It might still be possible to do this.
>
> If you install the PDF Viewer plugin i OpenOffice.http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimportyou can

Luca Secchi

Apr 30, 2011, 7:25:02 PM4/30/11
to JODConverter
Hi, I'd like to convert from pdf to pdf/a which is well supported by
OO export filter.

It could be a very useful features but I am not able to import a pdf
file even if I can do that using openoffice user interface because
I've the PDF Import Extension by Oracle installed and working.
With the following invocation
java -jar jodconverter-2.2.2/lib/jodconverter-cli-2.2.2.jar input.pdf
output.pdf

I get this exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
unsupported input format: Portable Document Format

Is there a way to do that?
As I can read from http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter/guide/supportedformats
"JODConverter maintains a registry of the most common formats, their
associated file extensions, mime types, and OpenOffice.org filter
names to simplify your life"
Perhaps the filter's name list is not updated with this extension
filter...

Luca