CloseVetoException

William

Aug 20, 2009, 6:32:12 PM8/20/09
to JODConverter
I've Googled, I've went through source code, I've looked all over and
I can't seem to find where this is exception is coming out of. I put
the code together to make sure there was nothing else conflicting with
it, and it still seems to be happening.

Code:
OpenOfficeConnection oo_conn = new SocketOpenOfficeConnection
( SocketOpenOfficeConnection.DEFAULT_PORT );
oo_conn.connect();
DocumentConverter converter = new OpenOfficeDocumentConverter
( oo_conn );

Exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/
star/util/CloseVetoException
at docsignconverter.Main.main(Main.java:98)
com.sun.star.util.CloseVetoException
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
336)
... 1 more

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Mirko Nasato

Aug 21, 2009, 5:18:34 AM8/21/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

It's not throwing a CloseVetoException, it's throwing a
NoClassDefFoundError, which means you're just missing some OOo jars in
your CLASSPATH.

Kind regards

Mirko

William

Aug 21, 2009, 9:18:08 AM8/21/09
to JODConverter
I don't remember having any other OOo jar files when I used
JODConverter, is there something that I'm missing?

On Aug 21, 5:18 am, Mirko Nasato <mirko.nas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> It's not throwing a CloseVetoException, it's throwing a
> NoClassDefFoundError, which means you're just missing some OOo jars in
> your CLASSPATH.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Mirko

William

Aug 21, 2009, 9:39:50 AM8/21/09
to JODConverter
I realize my message was a bit vague so I'll go into a it more detail.

I have a simple Java Application that has jodconverter-2.2.2.jar added
to it's library. The Exception it cannot find ( CloseVetoException )
is in OOo, and since JODConverter is the only thing OOo related,
JODConverter must be in the class path. Since the Exception it's
trying to throw belongs to OOo, so part of me thinks that maybe I
should be including their jar file into the app as well, but I don't
see that listed as a dependency for JODConverter and I've never had to
do that before when working with JODConverter.

Thanks a lot for your help Mirko.

Mirko Nasato

Aug 21, 2009, 9:51:56 AM8/21/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
William,

Dropping jodconverter-2.2.2.jar into your webapp is not enough, you
need the OOo and other jars as well. If you've downloaded the
jodconverter-2.2.2.zip package, read lib/DEPENDENCIES.txt.

Kind regards

Mirko

William

Aug 21, 2009, 9:58:36 AM8/21/09
to JODConverter
Thank you so much Mirko,

When I first added JODConverter I did read the dependencies and added
all of them (except unoil). I can't believe I let such a simple
mistake slip past me.

Thanks again,
William