Beta 3 can't start process

sparkles

Jan 12, 2010, 12:01:42 AM1/12/10
to JODConverter
When I run beta 3 (java -jar lib/jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-3.jar
257ABRW.doc 257ABRW.rtf) jodconverter runs openoffice successfully but
then is unable to connect. Looking at top I can't see openoffice
running and the disappearing immediately. If I try runnning openoffice
myself (/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin -
accept="socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002,tcpNoDelay=1" -
env:UserInstallation=/var/
tmp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002 -headless -
nocrashreport -nodefault -nofirststartwizard -nolockcheck -nologo -
norestore) then I get the following error:

[Java framework] Error in function createSettingsDocument
(elements.cxx).
javaldx failed!

The problem seems to be the -env:UserInstallation part. If I remove it
completely or change the directory to my home directory then
openoffice starts without a problem. Searching I found it's probably a
permissions problem but I can quite happily touch a file in /var/tmp.
COuld be a wider problem as it does the same thing in Ubuntu 9.10 and
Solaris 5.10.

TIA

sparkles

Jan 12, 2010, 5:04:14 PM1/12/10
to JODConverter
To make it even more weird, under both Linux and Solaris:

- if I run soffice.bin then openoffice will close immediately without
an error, I need to run just soffice for it to work
- if -env:UserInstallation is absolute, even if it's my home directory
i.e. /home/mark, I'll get the error from the previous message, but it
works if I use ~/

Mirko Nasato

Jan 12, 2010, 6:10:51 PM1/12/10
to JODConverter
Weird indeed, because I actually run Ubuntu 9.10 both on my laptop
(where I do most of the development) and on some servers, and I've
never encountered this problem. Which OOo version are you using?

Kind regards

Mirko

sparkles

Jan 12, 2010, 7:17:42 PM1/12/10
to JODConverter
310m19. I implemented a SolarisProcessManager (you can use /usr/ucb/ps
-auww if it's available to get wide output) but something still goes
wrong (I'll paste the output rather than trying to explain it. Ignore
the lack of UserInstallation).

Jan 13, 2010 11:09:00 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager
<init>
INFO: ProcessManager implementation is
SolarisProcessManager
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:00 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess
start
INFO: starting process with acceptString
'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1' and profileDir
'~/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-8100'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:00 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess
start
INFO: started process; pid =
10492
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:09 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeConnection
connect
INFO: connected: 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeConnection$1 disposing
INFO: disconnected: 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.PooledOfficeManager$1
disconnected
WARNING: connection lost unexpectedly; attempting restart
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager stop
INFO: stopping
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ManagedOfficeProcess
doEnsureProcessExited
INFO: process exited with code 0
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFO: starting process with acceptString
'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1' and profileDir
'~/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-8100'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:15 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFO: started process; pid = 10528
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:17 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeConnection connect
INFO: connected: 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:17 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeConnection$1 disposing
INFO: disconnected: 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1'
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:17 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ManagedOfficeProcess
doEnsureProcessExited
INFO: process exited with code 0
Jan 13, 2010 11:09:17 AM
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager stop
INFO: stopped
Exception in thread "main"
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeException: task failed
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.PooledOfficeManager.execute
(PooledOfficeManager.java:97)
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager.execute
(ProcessPoolOfficeManager.java:76)
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.OfficeDocumentConverter.convert
(OfficeDocumentConverter.java:76)
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.OfficeDocumentConverter.convert
(OfficeDocumentConverter.java:67)
at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.Convert.main(Convert.java:
104)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.PooledOfficeManager.execute
(PooledOfficeManager.java:86)
... 4 more

which I eventually figured out was caused by the following exception
in loadComponentFromURL in AbstractConversionTask.execute:

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException:
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.removeJob -
unexpected:java.lang.InterruptedException
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.removeJob
(JobQueue.java:233)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter
(JobQueue.java:340)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter
(JobQueue.java:313)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter
(JavaThreadPool.java:101)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest
(java_remote_bridge.java:652)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory
$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:154)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory
$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:136)
at $Proxy4.loadComponentFromURL(Unknown Source)
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.AbstractConversionTask.loadDocument
(AbstractConversionTask.java:93)
at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.AbstractConversionTask.execute
(AbstractConversionTask.java:61)
at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.PooledOfficeManager
$2.run(PooledOfficeManager.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask
(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas what could be causing that?

TIA

Mirko Nasato

Jan 13, 2010, 2:34:47 PM1/13/10
to JODConverter
Are you sure you don't have something else running on port 8100? Looks
like it's disconnecting as soon as it connects, like when the server
doesn't talk the right protocol.

Kind regards

Mirko

sparkles

Jan 13, 2010, 3:59:59 PM1/13/10
to JODConverter
It ended up being 2 problems. The original error was caused by the
permissions on /var/tmp not being the standard, and the
InterruptedException is openoffice crashing because of a problem with
the document.