Apache Tomcat HTTP Status 404

Lashae

Jul 4, 2009, 10:32:35 AM7/4/09
to JODConverter
Hi all,

I managed to setup openoffice and jodconverter successfully on my
Debian Lenny box. I can convert ppt to pdf via jodconverter-cli. So I
decided to move one step forward and install jodconverter-tomcat. I
downloaded the latest stable version (aka 2.2.2) unzipped the folder
and started Tomcat, however what I get is a Tomcat 404 error page
along with the message: "The requested resource () is not available."

I am a newbie for Apache Tomcat, however I have nothing nonstandard
neither for my server nor for the jodconverter setup.

Could someone please point me?

Mirko Nasato

Jul 6, 2009, 1:44:06 PM7/6/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lashae,

Which page are you trying to load? Any errors in the logs? (Look in
the logs dir.)

Kind regards

Mirko

Alaattin Kahramanlar

Jul 7, 2009, 2:33:52 AM7/7/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Mirko,

I went over the logs, here is what I saw:

In catalina.2009-07-07.log

SEVERE: Error reading tld listeners java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI "file:./" is not hierarchical
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI "file:./" is not hierarchical
   at java.io.File.<init>(libgcj.so.90) .....

and

SEVERE: Error listenerStart
7-Jul-09 9:13:57 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/converter] startup failed due to previous errors
7-Jul-09 9:13:57 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext processTlds
SEVERE: Error reading tld listeners java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI "file:./" is not hierarchical
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI "file:./" is not hierarchical
   at java.io.File.<init>(libgcj.so.90)

In localhost.2009-07-07.log

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.90)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory$BackportConcurrentHashMap
   at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)

I'm attaching the full logs.

Also FYI, on the box I have:

lakerda:/# java -version
java version "1.5.0"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.3.2

One of the guys from JavaThinking had also mentioned this error on the website, and he claims this error is JRE 1.5 specific, so I'll try to upgrade my JRE and post the results again.

If you have something to tell, about the logs or whatsoever; please do so :)

Alaattin-
localhost.2009-07-07.log
catalina.2009-07-07.log

Mirko Nasato

Jul 7, 2009, 3:30:58 AM7/7/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alaattin,

2009/7/7 Alaattin Kahramanlar <alaa...@gmail.com>:

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI "file:./" is not hierarchical
>    at java.io.File.<init>(libgcj.so.90) .....

Install and use the Sun JVM, not that buggy GCJ thingy.

Kind regards

Mirko