Problems to start OpenOffice service

Daniel

May 6, 2010, 9:52:18 AM5/6/10
to JODConverter
Hello,

I am trying to use JODConverter with Java on Windows but I think the
service isn't being started properly.

I am trying something like that:
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("C:\Arquivos de programas\BrOffice.org
3\program\soffice.exe -
accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager -
invisible -headless norestore -nofirststartwizard &");

But when I try to connect the OpenOfficeConnection I receive that
exception:

java.net.ConnectException: connection failed:
socket,host=localhost,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1:
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection.connect(AbstractOpenOfficeConnection.java:
79)

If I run the same command directly in the Windows command prompt, the
exception is not thrown.

I don't know if the fact of the "soffice" is inside a folder that has
"spaces" on its name is preventing the service to start.

I hope someone can help me.

Daniel

May 6, 2010, 11:07:18 AM5/6/10
to JODConverter
I forgot to say: the soffice.bin and soffice.exe appears on the
proccess list running on Windows after running the command into
Runtime.getRuntime().exec().

Mirko Nasato

May 8, 2010, 5:54:36 AM5/8/10
to JODConverter
The soffice.bin process is running, but is it listening on port 8100?
Use netstat to find out.

Anyway if you use JODConverter 3.0 it will manage the OOo process for
you.

http://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/

Kind regards

Mirko

Daniel Rocha

May 10, 2010, 8:34:13 AM5/10/10
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mirko,

Thanks for your attention.

I tried JODConverter 3.0 and it started to work.

I would like to congratulate you and any other involved in the construction of that lib. It's very useful.

Thanks,
Daniel