officeHome not set and could not be auto-detected error when running under PHP Shell Exec

Phil Marsay

Feb 2, 2012, 8:48:46 PM2/2/12
to JODConverter
Hi there,

I am currently involved in a project which requires me to produced
mail merged .doc files from a PHP application. So far I have
implemented a mail merge function using Open Document templates (ODT)
files, which in turn produces an ODT file.

Your project - JODConverter is of great interest to me as I could use
this as the final step to convert the output ODT file to a .doc file.

I downloaded it to have a play and got this successfully working from
the command line - no problem - however, when I tried to call this
using a shell_exec command from PHP, I got the following error - I
don't suppose this is something simple you could give me some guidance
on?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: officeHome
not set and could not be auto-detected
at
org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.buildOfficeManager(DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.java:
163)
at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.Convert.main(Convert.java:111)

thanks in advance!

Phil Marsay

Feb 2, 2012, 8:49:06 PM2/2/12
to JODConverter

Phil Marsay

Feb 9, 2012, 2:54:14 PM2/9/12
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
BUMP.
Also, I should probably have mentioned that I am trying to do this on Windows!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Phil