could not load input document / URL seems to be an unsupported one.

Joey Beninghove

Oct 12, 2010, 10:27:28 AM10/12/10
to JODConverter
Hi folks,
I'm having some issues getting the JOD Converter working on a CentOS
box I'm being made to work with for this app. After jumping through
many hoops, I finally found the instructions here:
http://iwonderdesigns.posterous.com/how-to-run-jodconverteropenoffice-on-your-hos

After following those instructions and running the following against
an existing document in the working directory:

$ java -jar ~/lib/jod/jodconverter-2.2.2/lib/jodconverter-
cli-2.2.2.jar 337.doc 337.pdf

I get this:

---------------------------------------

Oct 12, 2010 2:21:55 PM
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
connect
INFO: connected
Oct 12, 2010 2:21:56 PM
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.AbstractOpenOfficeConnection
disposing
INFO: disconnected
Exception in thread "main"
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.connection.OpenOfficeException:
conversion failed: could not load input document
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.loadAndExport(OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
131)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convertInternal(OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
120)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
104)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
74)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.convert(AbstractOpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
70)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.convertOne(ConvertDocument.java:
154)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.ConvertDocument.main(ConvertDocument.java:
133)
Caused by: com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URL seems to be
an unsupported one.
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.remoteUnoRequestRaisedException(Job.java:
182)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.execute(Job.java:148)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:
344)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:
313)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter(JavaThreadPool.java:
101)
at
com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest(java_remote_bridge.java:
652)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory
$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:154)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory
$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:136)
at $Proxy5.loadComponentFromURL(Unknown Source)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.loadDocument(OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
150)
at
com.artofsolving.jodconverter.openoffice.converter.OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.loadAndExport(OpenOfficeDocumentConverter.java:
127)
... 6 more

Any ideas what could be happening here?

FWIW, I have all of this working just fine on an Ubuntu box I was
testing it out on. So I must've done something wrong in the setting
up of all of this on CentOS.

Thanks,
Joey