JOBS: Climate Vote Fellows, NextGen Climate (NC, WI, MI, AZ)

NextGen Climate

Oct 26, 2016, 5:26:10 PM10/26/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

HOW TO APPLY:

Please apply directly online with your state:

North Carolina

Wisconsin

Michigan

Arizona

SUMMARY:

NextGen Climate is currently seeking detail oriented and highly motivated students to join our team in six battleground states (Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Wisconsin and Virginia) where we are expanding our millennial turnout program due to popular demand. In these states, stipended Organizing Fellows will work independently with guidance via Slack, SMS and other distributed communication tools from an organizing coach on a part-time basis through the 2016 General Election. Fellows will be responsible for organizing volunteer efforts and voter Get Out The Vote activities on key college campuses.

NextGen Climate is seeking Fellows who can start part-time now until the general election.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • Collecting Commit to Vote pledge from students and turning them out to vote
  • Developing a volunteer base on target campuses
  • Effectively recruit volunteers around the 2016 election, climate change, and other political issues pertinent to young voters
  • Utilize social media to recruit volunteers and promote events
  • Use online organizing tools, manage tabling and classroom visits
  • Responsible for voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals and deadlines

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:

  • Strong appetite for grassroots organizing and passionate about climate
  • Excellent organizational skills
  • Previous campaign experience is plus
  • Driven with a strong work ethic
  • Act with high integrity and character
  • Self-motivated and willing to work nights and weekends
  • Previous climate, energy or environmental issue organizing experience a plus

COMPENSATION:

NextGen Climate offers stipend campaign organizing fellowships for students with part-time availability.

NextGen Climate is an equal opportunity employer.

ABOUT NEXTGEN CLIMATE:

NextGen Climate is a San Francisco-based environmental advocacy organization. Founded by businessperson and philanthropist Tom Steyer in 2013, we act politically to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for all Americans. Working at every level, we are committed to supporting candidates, elected officials, and policymakers across the country that will take bold action on climate change.