Internship: Women Donors Network in SF

Laurie Ignacio

Aug 26, 2016, 3:21:24 PM8/26/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Women Donors Network Fall 2016 Internship

Women Donors Network (WDN)'s mission is to advance a just, equitable, and sustainable world by leveraging the wealth, power, and community of progressive women donors. We are a community of women with a purpose — together we connect, learn, and take action to further our shared vision of a better world.

We are seeking an intern to work with our small staff team in support of our organizational goals. This is a professional development opportunity for college students or recent graduates interested in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector in the field of social justice philanthropy.

The internship will support various aspects of WDN's social change work, including conference and other event planning, program research, and contributing to our blog.

We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff is integral to our work. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.

Primary Responsibilities:

  • Support the planning for our annual conference and other WDN programs through research, logistical support, materials preparation, and outreach activities
  • Develop reports on current issues and WDN program activities, including summaries of WDN webinars or in-person events
  • Assist in scheduling phone calls, meetings, and administrative tasks
  • Special projects as needed

Requirements of the Position:

  • Must be currently enrolled in a local college or university or be a recent graduate (within 6 months)
  • Enthusiastic collaborator -- being responsible and communicative is a must
  • Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to produce accurate and high-quality work
  • Excellent writer, with a knack for journalistic style
  • Excellent research and communication skills
  • Interest in working with a nonprofit community committed to social justice
  • Commitment to progressive values and interest in WDN's areas of work
  • Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs

Schedule & Duration of Internship

  • 4-6-month internship, beginning in early September. Exact start date to be determined.
  • Interns must be able to dedicate 8-10 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
  • Flexible schedule, with a minimum commitment of two days per week in WDN's office in downtown San Francisco.

Stipend This is a paid position, with an hourly rate of $17/hour, for up to 10 hours per week.

How to Apply

To apply for this internship, please submit the following materials to Laurie Ignacio at lign...@womendonors.org:

  • Current resume and cover letter summarizing your interest and relevant experience
  • Names of two references with contact information
  • Brief writing sample (for example: a report for a college class or a blogpost)

Your application materials should be submitted via email as one single PDF attachment. Please include Your Name: Fall Internship in the subject line of your email.

Applications accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Interviews to take place in early September. No calls, please.

WDN is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made so that disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.