Development Director at Lillian's List

de...@lillianslist.org

Nov 30, 2016, 2:27:02 PM11/30/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Lillian’s List Action fund seeks a creative fundraiser with the vision and dedication to help our small, but dynamic team build a development program that will support our expanding impact!
Since 1997, Lillian’s List has been at the forefront of changing the face of power in North Carolina, recruiting, training, and mentoring emerging progressive women leaders who support reproductive freedom and are interested in running for state or local office. Through Lillian’s List Action Fund, a 501c(4) and its affiliated Political Action Committee (PAC), Lillian’s List has identified over 800 progressive leaders, trained over 450 candidates, and supported over 100 women running for the legislature or Council of State. Last cycle, our PAC and members contributed more than $250,000 to our 16 Featured Candidates and was rated one of the top 20 PACs operating in the state. Lillian’s List seeks to expand our impact and develop a statewide progressive network to help identify, train, and support emerging women leaders.

The Development Director will be based out of our office in Raleigh and will manage a development program to support an approximate $500,000 budget and expand our thriving recruiting and training programs, as well as direct efforts to fundraise for our Featured Candidates during the election cycle. The successful candidate will be committed to reproductive freedom and nurturing women leaders with the ability to work with a diverse group of supporters, Board members, staff, and volunteers to meet our development goals and effectively assist our Featured Candidates.

Primary Responsibilities
1.  Develop and implement an annual, comprehensive development plan that includes major gifts, direct and online fundraising, events, and corporate or foundation support for both the Lillian’s List Action Fund and Lillian’s List PAC;
2.  Manage and expand an existing major gifts programs that currently raises over $225,000 annually;
3.  Act as direct supervisor for at least one staff person tasked with executing up to four signature events a year that raise over $150,000 combined;
4.  Act as direct staff support for the Board of Directors Fund Development Committee to set goals and strategically utilize Board members and encourage efforts to meet development needs;
5.  Direct the Lillian’s List PAC fundraising and bundling program to support Featured Candidates and work with the Executive Director and other staff to support the Board of Directors Candidate PAC Committee fundraising efforts;
6.  Identify, develop and implement strategies for the cultivation of existing donors, conduct prospect research to identify new major donors and strategically arrange for deployment of the Executive Director to solicit gifts;
7.  Primary responsibility for developing the messages and materials for all development efforts, including donor correspondence;
8.  Manage, organize, and analyze donor information to ensure that fundraising is done in the most efficient and effective ways;
9.  These responsibilities are not all-inclusive, but these are the priorities set by the Executive Director.

Ideal Experience and Qualifications

• Commitment to the mission of Lillian’s List and the advancement of women leaders and reproductive freedom in North Carolina;
• 5 to 7 years of demonstrated experience in nonprofit fundraising focusing on individual major gifts preferred;
• Candidates with successful experience working in fundraising for political campaigns preferred;
• Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual major donors for gifts;
• Experience developing or implementing a comprehensive resource development plan that is sustainable;
• Demonstrated leadership skills; experience in working collaboratively with other team members, including political campaign staff or communications staff;
• Strong interpersonal skills and confidence making donor contacts;
• Experience developing successful written donor communications and marketing materials;
• Demonstrated cross-cultural competency and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to diverse audiences and in a variety of contexts; willingness and ability to speak in public;
• Creative self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills and willingness to attend evening and weekend meetings and events.
• Some in-state travel required.

Compensation

Salary is commensurate with similarly situated nonprofit advocacy organizations, depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include: paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and a matching Simple IRA.

How to apply

Applications should include a letter of interest, resume, a brief professional writing sample, and list of at least three professional references, including contact information for each. Submit email applications with “Development Director” in the subject line to:

Sarah Preston, Executive Director
Lillian’s List Action Fund
sa...@lillianslist.org

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.

Lillian’s List is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons.