Carbon Ballot Initiative seeking Finance Associate (Seattle, WA)

Sarah Dickmeyer

Mar 18, 2018, 9:11:24 AM3/18/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Carbon Ballot Initiative seeking Finance Associate

Location: Seattle, WA.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours: Some evening and weekend work time and statewide travel will be required.

TO APPLY: Forward resume and cover letter to: sa...@newmanpartners.com by Monday, March 26, 2018.

The Clean Air Clean Energy Washington Campaign is mounting an ambitious statewide ballot initiative to take strong action on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Washington State by levying a pollution reduction fee on large carbon emitters. When we’re successful in November, this will be an unprecedented step toward protecting our environment, reducing pollution, and mitigating its negative effects through active investment in clean energy infrastructure.

The campaign is looking for a hardworking, passionate, and experienced individual excited to assist in implementing an aggressive fundraising strategy. Ideal candidates should have experience working on a previous political campaigns and have working knowledge of environmental issues at the local and national level.

The Finance Associate will report to the Deputy Finance Director and the Finance Director and will work closely with campaign stakeholders and our coalition of partners representing working families, communities of color, environmental and clean energy advocates, health professionals, businesses, and faith organizations.

Skills & Experience:

  1. Prior political experience or internships on competitive electoral campaigns. Finance experience is strongly preferred.
  2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Publisher and NGP/VAN.
  3. Proven ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
  4. Must be detail-oriented.
  5. Willingness to work long hours when necessary.

Desired skills in the following areas:

1.     Database management, NGP/VAN and research skills.

2.     Experience in event development, coordination and execution.

3.     Strong interpersonal skills.

4.     Previous fundraising or organizing experience.

5.     Strong writing and editing skills.

6.     Ability to organize fundraising with a range of intersectional groups and coalition partners.

7.     Knowledge of the current state of environmental issues and climate policy.