Research Assistant for Democratic Research Firm - Washington, D.C. Metro

Kendall Witmer

May 26, 2017, 1:15:15 AM5/26/17
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

POSITION: Research Assistant

LOCATION: Alexandria, VA

POSITION SUMMARY:

Jones Mandel, a Democratic research firm, is seeking a research assistant to work in our office in Alexandria, VA. The research assistant will conduct opposition and self-research for a variety of clients, ranging from candidates for U.S. House to statewide offices such as Governor and Attorney General, as well as conducting research for progressive interest groups and corporate clients.

Qualifications include:

  • -          Demonstrated political instincts and interest in politics and campaigns
  • -          Strong writing skills
  • -          Attention to detail
  • -          Commitment to helping elect Democratic candidates
  • -          Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
  • -          No previous political research experience is required, but candidates with some prior research experience—whether political, academic, legislative or otherwise—are preferred

Compensation includes health care benefits, cell phone stipend, commuting stipend, and a 401(k). Our office is Metro-accessible.

Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to jmj...@jonesmandel.com. Please submit resumes by June 6th. All follow-up will be conducted by email—please no phone calls. We will reach out directly to schedule interviews after June 12th.

ABOUT THE FIRM

Jones Mandel has more than 40+ years of combined experience providing high-quality, customized research and competitive intelligence, as well as unmatched client services. We work at the federal, state and local level and have been honored to work with the country’s top political leaders, including President Barack Obama, Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and the Democratic Governors Association.