Feild Manager - Conservation Colorado - Denver, CO

Hannah Fuhlendorf

Mar 16, 2018, 4:31:29 PM3/16/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Front Range Field Manager

Location: Denver, CO

Deadline for submission: Friday, April 6, 2018.

Work Schedule: Full-time, Exempt

Conservation Colorado is seeking a Front Range Field Manager who will bring vision, energy, and passion to our Front Range organizing team, which focuses on both issue-area and electoral campaigns. This person will manage a team of four organizers, design and implement campaign strategies, provide mentorship and coaching to their staff, and oversee the Colorado Outdoor Business Alliance activities.

The Front Range Field Manager is responsible for designing and implementing plans to continue growing and leveraging Conservation Colorado’s membership across the Front Range to create conservation wins and put pro-conservation candidates into office. This position will play a critical role in guiding field campaigns related to state legislation and national policy focused on climate change, sustainable transportation, energy production, clean water, and public lands. It also a great opportunity to build relationships with elected officials, policy makers, business leaders, coalition partners, and the public to create positive change.

About Conservation Colorado

Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation‐minded policy makers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other conservation/progressive nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the state. This coming year we will be engaging in work that involves educating the public and advocating for the protection of Colorado’s rivers, maintaining and enhancing the protection of our public lands, and increasing support for more renewable energy development and climate action at the local, state and federal level. We will also be focused on civic engagement and electoral work aimed at increasing voter participation in elections and electing pro-conservation candidates to office across all levels of government in Colorado.

Our work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.

Job Responsibilities

The Front Range Field Manager, who reports to the Organizing & Political Director, is responsible for the following:

     Provide leadership, training, and supervision to a team of 4 organizers while holding them accountable to meeting all organizing and advocacy goals.

     Work with the Organizing and Political Director to develop organizing team strategies work plans, budget, systems, and processes.

     Direct the strategy for building and applying power on environmental issues with our membership through organizing in key geographic regions on the Front Range.

     Assist in coordinating and enacting elections work.

     Draft written content for organizing purposes and coordinate with the Communications team to ensure that our messaging and materials are appropriate for our Front Range membership.

     Develop strong relationships with elected officials, coalition partners, and key community leaders across the Front Range.

     Manage funder relationships regarding issue-area campaigns at the state and national level; includes grant tracking, writing and editing grant proposals and reports, and building personal relationships with key funders.

     Help with database management, data entry, phone banking projects, and other priorities of the organizing team.

     Work with the organizing team to seek out and build relationships with communities that are disproportionately impacted by environmental issues across the Front Range, specifically low-income communities and communities of color.

     Actively participate in fundraising campaigns.

     Represent Conservation Colorado at relevant events including community education and trainings, legislator town halls, community get-togethers, conferences, and fundraisers.

Qualifications

We’re seeking a candidate who is results-focused, highly-driven, possesses outstanding interpersonal communication skills, and is organized and meticulous. You should:

        Possess a passion for protecting Colorado’s land, air, water, and people through citizen action.

        Have experience managing staff or volunteers and a commitment to growing as a manager.

        Demonstrate the ability to maintain grace under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.

        Be interested in and excited about electoral campaigns and helping elect pro-conservation candidates to office.

        Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication, and strong public speaking skills.

        Be comfortable discussing local, state, and federal policy issues with  the media, business owners, local elected officials, partner organizations, and community members from across the state.

        Professionalism and the ability to act as a representative of Conservation Colorado in myriad situations and circumstances.

        Ability to navigate difficult conversations with people who don’t agree with us or who have competing priorities or points of view.

        Demonstrate creativity and critical thinking when brainstorming and problem-solving.

        Share our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.

Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, but it is not a requirement.  The position requires a willingness to work some evening and weekend hours.

Compensation and Benefits

Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Includes health/dental benefits, retirement with match, paid time off program, and sabbatical program.

We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can.  Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.

To Apply

If this job truly speaks to you, please send a cover letter explaining why (not a standard cover letter!), plus a resume, to jo...@conservationco.org with “Front Range Field Manager” in the subject line. Please indicate in your email where you heard about this position. Applications will be accepted through Friday, April 6, 2018. No phone calls please.