Data Director - Michigan House Democratic Caucus

已查看 118 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mike McCollum

未读,
2017年4月22日 09:42:532017/4/22
收件人 GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Michigan House Democratic Caucus

DATA DIRECTOR

The Michigan House Democratic Caucus is seeking a thoughtful, driven, and results-oriented Data Director to join a team of passionate people, working dutifully to achieve our mission and put our state on the right path forward.

ROLE OVERVIEW

The Data Director is a leadership position that will work closely with the Outreach Director and other senior staff to strategically inform our district-level constituency outreach plans. We want to build a team with a variety of perspectives on how to best reach our constituents using data, thus we encourage candidates with backgrounds in consulting, business analytics, finance, politics, and public policy to apply.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

Universe Creation: Assist the Michigan House Democratic Caucus staff and members with data needs, including creating and maintaining various constituency universes via Casework, a constituency database.

Data and Targeting: Work directly with caucus leadership to provide strategic information so they can make data-informed decisions.

TASKS & DAY-TO-DAY

  • Participate in daily and weekly calls, trainings, and meetings with senior staff.

  • Track organizational progress (daily), develop comprehensive reports (weekly), and help craft outreach plans (quarterly).

  • Collaborate with senior leadership staff to craft and implement detailed outreach plans, tailored to each unique district.

QUALIFICATIONS

  • Proven ability to train staff and volunteers on key database skills and experience serving as a database administrator.

  • Candidates with at least 2+ years of data management experience, including, but not limited to constituent, community, electoral, labor, or issue-based organizations are prefered.

  • Candidates with some organizing and/or constituency outreach experience prefered.

  • Candidates from all academic disciplines beyond political science will be considered.

  • Knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables.

  • Knowledge of Access (or other SQL database), including creating queries and manipulating large data sets preferred.

  • Familiarity with GIS preferred.

  • Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce reports.

  • Great energy and attitude.

  • An ongoing interest in continued learning and adaption based on best practices.

  • A willingness to give maximum effort no matter how big or small the task.

  • Respect the work and don’t shy away from challenges or difficult conversations.

  • Exceptionally well-organized, with an ability to meet strict deadlines.

  • Ability to speak confidently (one-on-one and in groups) and write clearly.

  • Access to a vehicle, periodic travel, and cell phone are required.

HOW TO APPLY

Please send a resume, cover letter, and at least three references to mmcc...@mihousedems.com by May 1 and put “Data Director” in subject line.

The Michigan House Democratic Fund is an equal opportunity employer. MHDF believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.

DataDirector (1).pdf
回复全部
回复作者
转发