National Deputy Data Director at For Our Future & For Our Future Action Fund

For Our Future

Dec 7, 2017, 1:45:34 PM12/7/17
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

National Deputy Data Director at For Our Future & For Our Future Action Fund

Headquarters (DC)

For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are seeking a Deputy National Data Director as a senior member of the national data and analytics team to run a data driven, robust, multi-state independent field program for the 2018 cycle.

FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF has continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off of our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on field and earned media. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.

For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.

Primary Responsibilities:

The Deputy National Data Director will report directly to the National Data & Analytics Director. The Deputy Data Director will be the primary staff member responsible for managing the state support program, making sure that state activity has ample data resources to effectively run robust field activity. In addition, the Deputy Data Director will work with the field department to develop tools and resources needed for targeting, goal setting, and programmatic planning. The Deputy Data Director will take the lead in setting up For Our Future’s VAN systems, including identifying best data practices to simplify reporting and experiment implementation. Lastly, the Deputy Data Director will help recruit, hire, and manage the national data support staff, including regional data directors.

Specific Responsibilities Include:

  • Manage and develop a team of regional data directors that serves as the liaison between FOF HQ and the states’ data operations.
  • Manage multiple projects connecting states and national data program, including building support channels and processes for tool development.
  • Work closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
  • Serve as primary data point of contact for voter contact and training teams to ensure states have support they need from the data department to be successful.
  • Work with America Votes to build systems and infrastructure within America Votes VAN to appropriately track field and partner activity.
  • Promote a strong and inclusive culture and a team that is mission-driven, well-trained and set up for success.
  • Work with the National Data & Analytics Director to recruit, hire and manage team of national regional data directors and other national data support staff.
  • Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.

Qualifications & Experience

  • Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power – A firm understanding of state legislative processes and political landscape, and the path to building power in states. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
  • Staff Management – Ability and demonstrated success recruiting, hiring, and managing staffing structures.
  • Data Management – Previous data management experience on electoral or issue based field campaign(s), including strong familiarity with VAN and data support systems.
  • Strategic Planning – Ability to develop short and long-term program plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state. Ability to get buy-in and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders for that plan is required.
  • Technical Training – Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to a less technical audience, resulting in more efficient program.
  • Technical Background – Strong VAN, MS Excel and Powerpoint skills (experience with SQL a plus)
  • Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful data driven electoral field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV and best practices with each.
  • Communication Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write compelling program reports, fundraising/marketing documents, and program debrief reports. Demonstrated ability in building relationships and maintaining communication with key stakeholders – both internal to HQ and statewide – required. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
  • Coalition Work – Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred. Experience in engaging and understanding the unique nature of individual unions and how they fit into the greater progressive landscape. Experience in engaging progressive organizations in dense urban areas, as well as suburban and rural areas, is preferred.
  • Candidates should have 3-4 cycles of campaign experience or comparable issue advocacy experience.
  • Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.

The Deputy Data Director position is located in Washington, D.C. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.

For Our Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.

For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:

  • Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
  • Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
  • $100 Monthly Cell Phone Bill Reimbursement
  • 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays

How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/953899#.WilZ79-nGUk