Fall Associates with stipend: NYC Political Consulting Firm

aa...@brownmillergroup.com

Aug 26, 2016, 5:52:57 PM8/26/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
BrownMillerGroup is seeking Fall Associates in our New York City office beginning in mid August through the Fall.

 BrownMillerGroup specializes in developing direct voter contact strategies that integrate field, paid communications, and earned media to build the campaign’s relationship with voters, engage them in the political process, and empower them to effect change in their community.  We marry time-tested organizing tactics with innovative strategies and cutting-edge technology to win campaigns.

We seek associates, either current students or recent graduates, who will help the firm’s partners find, pitch, and sign new political clients across the country as well as help manage field, communications, and digital programs for our clients.

Responsibilities include:
Election and district research
Candidate research
Database management
Drafting campaign plans
Research, write, and implement field and GOTV plans including canvassing,  training volunteers, and managing phone banks
Draft press releases and email blasts
Build fundraising lists and assist in candidate call time
Support the BMG team in research projects

Requirements include:

A passion for politics and elections
Creative thinkers who are goal-oriented and able to function well in a collaborative environment
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong written and oral communications skills
Well-organized, detail-oriented, numbers-driven, and self-managing
Proficiency with office programs including excel, word, and power point
Proficiency with campaign database systems including VAN and NGP
Foreign language very helpful
Experience with NationBuilder or basic knowledge of HTML or CSS a huge plus

Strong preference will be given to candidates who can make a full time commitment. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.

To apply:

BMG Fall Associates receive a stipend and we can work with your academic institution to arrange academic credit. Send resume and cover letter including your weekly availability, start and end dates to In...@BrownMillerGroup.com  subject line:  Fall Associates