Grassroots Campaigns is Seeking a State Field Director to Run Campaigns Across the Country

Jesse Steele

Jul 7, 2016, 9:46:56 PM7/7/16
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Grassroots Campaigns is looking for a highly ambitious candidate for our Field Director position. With the threat of a White House and Congress controlled by the far right, in addition to attacks on our most basic rights, Grassroots Campaigns is working with our partner groups to fight back and push the progressive movement forward. Our Field Director will work with clients to develop and implement a large field program, manage the team to make sure we win in November, and continue to build successful progressive campaigns beyond Election Day.

This Field Director oversees the operations as well as client component of our field projects. We are looking for someone who is going to go where the important political battles are being fought this year. The heart of our work lies in each campaign we run, and our Field Directors make sure those campaigns are planned and executed successfully.

About Grassroots Campaigns: Grassroots Campaigns uses face-to-face outreach to rally the public behind issues like civil liberties, environmental protection, LGBT equality, poverty and social justice. Our firm partners with other political organizations to run their membership, fundraising and field organizing campaigns. From our early work with the DNC and MoveOn, to our more recent partnerships with the ACLU, Amnesty International and Planned Parenthood, Grassroots Campaigns has become a prominent force for the progressive movement.

Position Summary: When a political campaign or advocacy organization needs field resources, Grassroots Campaigns can be on the ground quickly because of our Field Directors. The Field Director will work with our staff and the partner group’s staff to shepherd the strategy, messaging and plan. From that point, our Field Directors will oversee the operation on the ground to implement the campaign plan from start to finish.  Projects may include voter contact for the 2016 general elections, membership drives for the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, DNC or Southern Poverty Law Center, or coalition building for a critical issue or campaign.

Qualifications: Candidates must have a strong communication skills. Must be excellent recruiter and able to quickly build team. Candidates must have a commitment to progressive change, great work ethic and professionalism. Good quantitative analysis skills are key. Experience with small donor fundraising and/or field work required. 2-4+ years of worked experience preferred. This position requires travel.

Job Responsibilities:

  •        Plan and execute campaigns that exceed campaign goals for Grassroots Campaigns and our clients
  •        Hire staff to run field outreach offices
  •        Recruit, train, manage and develop staff
  •        Track and analyze performance. Trouble shoot and problem solve. Adjust plans and strategies when necessary
  •        Network, build relations, & communicate with potential new clients. Design and negotiate contracts
  •        Provide professional guidance and training to junior field staff
  •        Offer strategic guidance for our clients
  •        Ongoing client communication and furthering of relationship
  •        Manage the day-to-day field operations with a focus on recruitment, training and staff development
  •        Provide analysis on performance and implement plans to maximize results

Location/Travel: State Field Directors should expect to travel often and must be willing to relocate to run campaigns in locations nationwide.

Salary/Benefits:  Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package included

To Apply: Email Merida Lloyd at mll...@grassrootscampaigns.com with your resume, cover letter and references. Please include "SFD: JTAL" in the subject line, as well as your salary requirements.

Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Grassroots Campaigns complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.