Staff Assistant - Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW)

nul...@citizensforethics.org

May 24, 2018, 1:25:18 PM5/24/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

STAFF ASSISTANT

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a creative and detail-oriented staff assistant. As a leading nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and communications grounded by in-depth research.

CREW is growing quickly and is looking for creative, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to our mission. We need someone who is quick on their feet and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government.

Responsibilities

  • Assist CREW’s principals with planning meetings and events on Capitol Hill and in the broader ethics community
  • Directly support the executive leadership on a day-to-day basis as the lead contact on scheduling and other administrative tasks
  • Process donations over several platforms and on multiple CRM systems
  • Coordinate logistics for internal meetings and events
  • Serve as CREW’s first point of contact for VIPs, supporters, and members of the public
  • Work closely with the executive director, deputy director, and chief operating officer on long-term projects to improve the everyday function of the office

A great candidate has:

  • Bachelor’s degree required
  • One to three years of work experience (can include work study and internship experience)
  • The ability to pivot and adjust priorities responsive to short- and long-term needs
  • Comfort initiating work and executing independently while exercising good judgment and discretion
  • Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication
  • Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
  • A great sense of humor and enthusiasm for your work
  • An interest in government ethics and money in politics issues

Compensation

Salary is commensurate with experience. Extensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401(K).

How to Apply

Please email a resume and cover letter to jo...@citizensforethics.org. Please include your last name and “Staff Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.