Human Resources Director - SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund, Oakland, California, United States, 94601

SEIU

Jan 17, 2017, 5:16:00 PM1/17/17
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund

Job Title: Human Resources Director

Location: Oakland, CA or Los Angeles, CA

Summary

The Education Fund is a non-profit partnership between SEIU UHW-West and Healthcare Industry Employers; on a mission to accelerate the careers of 90,000 SEIU eligible Healthcare Workers through innovative education and training solutions. We have a bold strategy to transform the Ed Fund and need a credible HR leader to create and execute our People Strategy.

Leading our People Strategy, you will be the face of HR for the Ed Fund. Reporting to our Chief of Staff, you will champion our Culture and be an integral part of the leadership team, so you'll need to be a collaborative expert on People and Organizational topics. We need you to think big, be outcome focused and comfortable with change. This is hands-on work! You will be rolling out programs to support the entire team - including culture, performance, diversity and talent programs. On any given day, you will ensure that we find the best staff, then help us onboard, develop, motivate and retain them.

Responsibilities

  • Consult with the Ed Fund's leaders to create a comprehensive people strategy and executable plan to influence lasting change at the Ed Fund.
  • Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance mangement, coaching, data analysis, compensation and benefits, rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs and strategic development.
  • Provide programatic advice and counsel to the Ed Fund leaders on talent acquisition, compensation, general employee relations' issues and performance management.
  • Lead the development/selection and implementation of foundational HR Programs such as Culture, Diversity and Employee Engagement.
  • Manage HRIS, ensuring that it meets all data tracking requirements of regulatory agencies while providing information to guide organizational strategies on recruitment, staffing, diversity and development.
  • Experience in developing and managing annual budgets.
  • Offers guidance to managers with regard to collective bargaining agreements and represents the organization in Labor -Management Committee.
  • Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records;representing the organization at hearings.

Qualifications and Capabilities

  • Experienced in leading a HR function, managing teams, and proven project management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects.
  • Strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service with excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to establish strong relationships inside and outside the Fund.
  • An energetic and creative leader capable of inspiring teams to achieve their potential.
  • Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
  • BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
  • 8-10 years experience as a Human Resources generalist, preferably in a collective bargaining environment.

Application Requirements

A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.

SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

PI96537482

Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/29b6wfg6sb