Progressive AAPI Non-Profit (APACE/APACEvotes) seeks Executive Director.

已查看 27 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

derek...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年3月17日 13:48:112018/3/17
收件人 GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT
APACE (501c4) and APACEvotes (501c3) are looking for an Executive Director who is passionate about social
justice and expanding racial, economic and political equity in the democratic process. APACE is poised for the
next level of organizational development with an entrepreneurial individual who will develop capacity and new
tactics that transform mainstream organizing and expand representation of AAPIs in Washington. If building
grassroots power in communities of color ignites you, you should apply!

While Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) are among the fastest growing communities in our state, we
do not have access to economic and political power that our numbers would indicate. AAPI communities must
be brought into the political process, have access to decision making power, and ultimately champion
progressive policies that make our daily lives better. We work to transform our democracy by empowering the
diverse AAPI communities through civic engagement and political action. We increase access and participation
in civic affairs so that we are well-educated on the issues, informed of the political process and mobilized to
participate in our democracy.

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed illustrate various types of work that may be performed but are not intended to be a final statement of work.

Coalition and Relationship Building - 10%
 Attend coalition meetings and foster strong community partnerships
 Manage external communications that includes an active engagement pipeline year-round for our
volunteers, donors and voter targets.

Operations and Internal Infrastructure - 25%
 Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans
 Develop standard operating procedures and policies
 Manage staff and complete annual performance evaluations
 Develop and oversee annual budgets and Board communication
 Ensure that program activities operate within the defined Memorandum of Understanding between
APACE & APACEvotes

Programs - 30 %
 Provide strategic leadership, planning, execution and evaluation of campaigns, field and data
programs
 Supervise the recruitment, training and stewarding of volunteers and interns
 Ensure all campaign and program activities align with APACE’s racial equity lens
 Research and execute organizing strategies to reach diverse AAPI communities

Fundraising - 35%
 Develop annual budget and fundraising plan in partnership with the two Boards of Directors
 Prospect, cultivate and steward new individual donors, foundations, key stakeholders and funders
 Manage existing grants and individual donor portfolios
 Support events, research and write grant proposals

The Executive Director will report to APACE (501c4) and APACEvotes (501c3) Boards of Directors.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

 At least four years of non-profit or campaign experience
 Two years experience of demonstrated success in grant writing/fund development
 Prior experience organizing in immigrant, refugee and POC communities
 Experience working with political candidates, policymakers and media
 Deep knowledge of our communities as demonstrated by experience with legislative processes and
public policy impacts on AAPI communities
 Highly motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter
 Strong commitment to racial equity and social justice
 Flexibility to accommodate some evening and weekend work
 Access to reliable and flexible transportation and Driver’s License

PREFERED QUALIFICATIONS

 Relevant experience or four-year degree in a related field or
 Bi-lingual skills in AAPI languages

SKILLS

 Understanding IRS rules and management of 501(c3) and 501(c4) organizations
 Understand and ability to manage fiscal sponsorship relationships
 Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and prioritization
 Understand non-profit HR compliance standards and practices
 Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
 Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media tools, including Facebook and Twitter
 Ability to work independently
 Understanding of integrated civic engagement
 Proficiency with voter data bases, including NRG VAN

COMPENSATION

Salary range is between $60,000-$75,000, full time exempt 40 hr/wk. Benefits include medical, dental
retirement, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.

TO APPLY

Send a cover letter and resume with three references to Akemi Matsumoto at akemis...@gmail.com. In your
cover letter, please answer the following supplemental questions:
 How has your personal and professional background prepared you for this position? Please highlight
how you meet or exceed the qualifications and skills identified.
 What does civic engagement mean to you?
 What is your understanding of racial justice and what do you believe the role of AAPIs in advancing this
work?
 How did you hear about this position?

Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews will be conducted as applications arrive. Applications
will be reviewed until position is filled.

Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at APACE and APACEvotes, where employment and
promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristic as established under law. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.

IDEALIST URL:
回复全部
回复作者
转发