Part-Time Trainings Coordinator - Better Future Project

Alyssa Lee

Jun 30, 2016, 7:05:28 PM6/30/16
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone!​

Better Future Project is currently hiring for a part-time Trainings Coordinator!

The job description can be found here: http://www.betterfutureproject.org/jobs and it is also pasted below.

SUMMARY: This person would work about 20-25 hours/week. They would spend 50% of their time working with the Campus Organizer in coordinating and co-facilitating trainings for the student Climate Justice Fellowship. The other 50% would be working with the Director of Organizing in coordinating and co-facilitating quarterly campaign summits for 350Mass as well as a few smaller trainings for our 350MA nodes. Our work is on divestment (both campus and statewide), carbon pricing, fighting fossil fuel infrastructure (mainly pipelines), and grassroots organizing. The scope of these trainings would include campaign planning, facilitation, anti-oppression, negotiation, and relational organizing.

LOCATION: Boston, MA (Our office is in Harvard Square, Cambridge)
START DATE: August 1, 2017 (flexible)

Feel free to ask me questions at <aly...@betterfutureproject.org>

~~~

Position Title: Trainings Coordinator

Reports To: Emily Kirkland, Direct of Organizing for 350 Mass for a Better Future

Position Status: Part-time

About Better Future Project:

Better Future Project is a young, fast-paced, start-up organization building a grassroots movement to shift society beyond coal, oil, and gas. Our work addresses the climate crisis and makes stronger, healthier, and more resilient communities by advancing a rapid and responsible transition beyond fossil fuels. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit.

The Trainings Coordinator is an exciting position that provides strategic organizing trainings to students through our Climate Justice Fellowship, and community leaders through the 350 Mass for a Better Future (350 Mass) network.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Better Future Project Climate Justice Fellowship Program (approximately 50%)
    • Coordinate logistics for and, in partnership with Campus Organizer, co-facilitate and co-develop monthly Climate Justice Fellowship trainings (September-May)
    • Support summer Climate Justice Fellowship with trainings and student mentorship (June-August)
  • 350 Mass for a Better Future (approximately 50%)
    • Lead the planning of day-long, quarterly campaign summits for 350 Mass, including coordinating logistics, developing an agenda in consultation with staff and volunteer leaders, creating trainings and other content as needed, and co-facilitating alongside staff and volunteer leaders
    • As time permits: Provide 1-2 hour trainings to 350 Mass nodes in partnership with other staff throughout the year, as requested by nodes
    • As time permits: Plan, coordinate, and lead half-day trainings for 350 Mass members as requested by staff and volunteers

Required Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
  • 2+ years of campaigning/organizing experience (including campus organizing experience)
  • Excellent written and verbal skills
  • Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
  • Experience leading trainings on topics such as campaign strategy, relational organizing, public narrative, facilitation, action planning, and anti-oppression
  • Experience designing and leading trainings
  • Experience with event logistics and planning
  • Demonstrated interest and experience in movements for social, economic, racial, gender, and/or climate justice
  • Ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and manage several projects simultaneously
  • Comfort working with undergraduate college students
  • Comfort working with intergenerational community members

An ideal candidate would also possess:

  • Experience in movements outside of the climate justice movement
  • Experience in training trainers
  • Familiarity with fossil fuel divestment and climate/energy policy
  • Experience with NationBuilder or other database software
  • Experience with negotiation theories and practice

Terms of Employment:

  • Half-time, with possibility of increase to full-time in 2017.
  • Start date: August 1, 2016

Compensation and Benefits:

  • Non-profit industry salary commensurate with experience
  • Vacation, sick time, and personal time, plus 12 paid holidays annually (paid at a pro-rated rate).
  • Option for Vision and Dental Insurance

Serious applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Jo...@betterfutureproject.org with the subject line “Trainings Coordinator.” Include your last name in your resume and cover letter file(s). Resumes are accepted until the position is filled. No calls please.

Better Future Project is an equal opportunity employer. We are an organization working to actively challenge systems of oppression. Women, people of color, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.