Jnana Ready

Christian Cabrera

Jan 14, 2013, 10:53:09 PM1/14/13
to jnan...@googlegroups.com
Hi man,

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina! This plugin looks amazing... But I'm struggling a bit though with the JnanaClips

I followed the instructions one by one... and when I click on "analyze track now", I don't get anywhere. I just see "Jnana ready" and no analysis, therefore no generation.

I've attached a screenshot, maybe it helps

Thanks a lot! Keep it up.

Chris.
Jnana.jpg

Robert Hecimovic

Jan 17, 2013, 12:47:08 PM1/17/13
to jnan...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. Just wondering if you have figured anything out?

Colin Sullivan

Jan 21, 2013, 5:07:24 PM1/21/13
to jnan...@googlegroups.com, Robert Hecimovic
Rob,

Thanks for the screenshot.  I haven't seen this issue before.

`live.thisdevice` is the name of the Max/MSP object you can use to get information about the current "Max for Live" device within Ableton.  It comes with the "Max for Live" bundle and should be available in Max/MSP, but this error seems to imply that Max/MSP cannot find this object.

I presume you've installed Max for Live since you are able to load the plugin in Ableton.  Is there anything special about your Max/MSP or Max for Live or Ableton Live setup?  What versions of Max/MSP or Ableton Live are you running?  You can find the version numbers by selecting the applications in the Finder and going to File:Get Info.

If you're running an older version, try updating from the Ableton website.  My Ableton Live is version `8.3.4 (2012-08-30_b858ac4acd)` and Max/MSP is version `5.1.9 (48561)`.

Let me know how things go!
----------
Colin Sullivan
colin-sullivan.net

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Robert Hecimovic <roberth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's a screenshot I took after following your instructions. The first error was already there before I had pressed 'analyze now'.

Thanks!
Rob.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Colin Sullivan <coli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rob,

After clicking on the lock button and when the status area says "Jnana Ready", open the Max window: From the "Window" drop down menu, there should be a "Max Window" option.  See if you can copy and paste, or screenshot, everything that is in there.

----------
Colin Sullivan
colin-sullivan.net

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Robert Hecimovic <roberth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've gone through the instructions your described but I'm probably missing a basic step since I'm relatively new to Max. I've pressed the lock button at the bottom so that I can use the plugin, I press all the buttons (analyze, generate clips etc) and then nothing happens. I'm not sure how to get any log messages...

Thanks a lot, cheers!
Rob.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Colin Sullivan <coli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Robert,

Have you tried the following?

try opening up the plugin in Max by clicking on the "Open in Max" button on the top right of the plugin.  Try running the plugin from there and send any log messages that you see in the "Max window".

You may need to click the "lock" icon at the bottom of the patch once it opens in Max.

Let me know how it goes and send along any log messages if it does not work so I can help.
----------
Colin

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Robert Hecimovic <roberth...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have the same problem. Just wondering if you have figured anything out?

Colin Sullivan

Jan 22, 2013, 2:59:50 PM1/22/13
to jnan...@googlegroups.com, Robert Hecimovic
Hrm, ok.  I cannot reproduce this issue, but at least this one I have seen before.  It has to do with variations in the Max for Live API I believe.

When I try loading the plugin with Max6 and Live9 beta, things seem to work but I have not tested thoroughly.  I can't get Live 8 and Max 6 to work together, I get an error from within Ableton telling me the Max version is incompatible.

What version of Ableton Live are you running? If you can, try 5.1.9, you should be able to download the "Max for Live" bundle from Ableton's website under "Your Account", which comes with the proper version of the Max/MSP executable.

Thanks for persisting!  Figuring out these issues will make the software more stable in the future and I have limited testing capabilities.
Colin

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Robert Hecimovic <roberth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Colin,

Thanks for the help and for the prompt reply. My apologies, I neglected to check the fact whether my version of max was up to date. I was using 5.1.3 instead of the recommended 5.1.9. I've now upgraded to 6 but I'm assuming that it's not going to work with Max6, is that right? I've attached an updated screenshot of what happens after I press analyze now.

Thanks!
Rob.