Weird error since a few days

Manuel Laggner

Mar 15, 2014, 4:18:21 AM3/15/14
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
I've created a tool which uses JNA in combination with MediaInfo.
Since a few days some users reported a problem loading the MediaInfo lib, which I haven't seen before. The users were all Windows users ( so far all 64 bit, Java 1.7.0_51 ), which say that it worked some days ago..

In the logs there are the following lines:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't obtain static newInstance method for class com.sun.jna.Structure
    at com.sun.jna.Native.initIDs(Native Method) ~[jna.jar:3.5.1 (b4)]
    at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:135) ~[jna.jar:3.5.1 (b4)]
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.MediaInfoLibrary.<clinit>(MediaInfoLibrary.java:38) ~[tmm.jar:2.5.4 (r1382)]
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.MediaInfo.staticOption(MediaInfo.java:498) [tmm.jar:2.5.4 (r1382)]
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.MediaInfo.staticOption(MediaInfo.java:484) [tmm.jar:2.5.4 (r1382)]
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.MediaInfo.version(MediaInfo.java:446) [tmm.jar:2.5.4 (r1382)]

The problem is: we did not have any changes to

a) JNA
b) the code loading JNA
c) MediaInfo
d) any relevant JVM args

in the last releases..

Does anybody have a clue what could cause the problem?

Thanks
Manuel

Timothy Wall

Mar 15, 2014, 5:02:47 AM3/15/14
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Were there changes to the JVM between then and now?

Manuel Laggner

Mar 16, 2014, 2:53:46 PM3/16/14
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
I've forwarded the question to the user.

Meanwhile I've set up a virtual machine with exact the same specs like the user (windows 7 64 bit, java 1.7.0_51 64 bit, latest patches) and I could not reproduce the problem. I've also tried to change the java settings and run the program as user/as admin and with UAC switched off... No success - it loaded all the times :(

Manuel Laggner

Mar 23, 2014, 8:04:40 AM3/23/14
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
I got the responses of some users but I can't detect any similarity except Java 1.7.0_51.

All had Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits..), different Antivirus scanner and so on.

One user tried to use JNA 4.1 and this worked (atm we use JNA 3.5.1).
I will have switch to JNA 4.1 in the future, but the issue isn't resolved for me :(