SmackException.NoResponseException and SmackException.ResourceBindingNotOfferedException using XMPP.

repos...@stopit.fm

Jul 19, 2016, 10:51:52 AM7/19/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

I faced an error while using XMPP jmeter plugin for a load test.
When I run a test with 200 users - all goes without a single problem.
Only if I add more then 500 threads and up these errors are starting to show up:

Success/Failed Ratio: 1970 samples sent/ 30 errors received.

On Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java:352)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.login(XMPPTCPConnection.java:244)

               at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.actions.Login.perform(Login.java:51)

               at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.JMeterXMPPSampler.sample(JMeterXMPPSampler.java:56)

               at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)

               at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

On Connect:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.throwConnectionExceptionOrNoResponse(XMPPConnection.java:548)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.throwConnectionExceptionOrNoResponse(XMPPTCPConnection.java:867)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.PacketReader.startup(PacketReader.java:113)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.initConnection(XMPPTCPConnection.java:482)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:440)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:811)

               at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:396)

               at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.actions.Connect.perform(Connect.java:18)

               at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.JMeterXMPPSampler.sample(JMeterXMPPSampler.java:56)

               at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)

               at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What is that could be?

Some of the sources state this is the Smack library errors that caused by JMeter plugin (which is use that smack library).

Please advise.

Boris

Andrey Pokhilko

Jul 19, 2016, 11:49:22 AM7/19/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Most likely, XMPP server has failed to respond withing configured timeout. If this does not happen on low load and happen on higher load, it might be your server's real capacity.

Andrey Pokhilko

repos...@stopit.fm

Jul 19, 2016, 1:35:03 PM7/19/16
to jmeter-plugins, repos...@stopit.fm
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your replay!

The server's timeout is 1800 seconds, it might be enough to run, isn't it?
I cannot figure out what is the timeout that is set by XMPP plugin?
For the record, I added a Constant timer (3000) but it shouldn't be the one, right?

The scenario is one thread group, one loop, two loops, forever.
The errors are starting to come up after 2/3 of the test's run (500 users).

After all the CPU, Memory and DB loads are not a bottleneck in the case, because the are still unchanged during the tests with 200, 400, 500, 800 threads accordingly.

Please advise what it might else be?

Thanks,
Boris

Andrey Pokhilko

Jul 19, 2016, 5:02:47 PM7/19/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
It might be some kind of locking inside the server.

Andrey Pokhilko

repos...@stopit.fm

Jul 20, 2016, 4:49:31 PM7/20/16
to jmeter-plugins
thanks, fyi I increased the timeout to 10000 ms in a plugin and it ran without errors :)

sampath...@contus.in

Nov 28, 2019, 8:50:04 AM11/28/19
to jmeter-plugins
Hi All,

I am faced one issue during load test using xmpp protocol. Issue given below this line,

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPConnection.java:436)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:811)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:396)
at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.actions.Connect.perform(Connect.java:18)
at com.blazemeter.jmeter.xmpp.JMeterXMPPSampler.sample(JMeterXMPPSampler.java:57)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.doSampling(JMeterThread.java:622)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.executeSamplePackage(JMeterThread.java:546)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.processSampler(JMeterThread.java:486)

Its randomly get failed. am configured 1000 users after sometimes it throws error percentage as like (ex: 3.08%). if anyone knows how to handle this issue, kindly post the steps to the same.

Thanks in advance