JMeter + Dummy Sampler executed from ant causing SampleResult.setConnectTime error

marty....@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 9:30:24 PM1/14/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,
I'm seeing an error in the JMeter log that occurs only when my JMX contains a Dummy Sampler and the JMX is run from ant. When the JMX is run from the JMeter UI I see no errors in the log. When run from the command line (jmeter -p -t ...) I also see no errors in the log. The error seems to be preventing the JMX from completing correctly as the JTL results show a large number of tests not run. The JTL also contains multiple listings of 'jp@gc - Dummy Sampler' despite /all/ the Dummy Samplers being renamed in the JMX.
The log error is:

2016/01/15 12:09:11 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult.setConnectTime(J)V
at kg.apc.jmeter.samplers.DummySampler.sample(DummySampler.java:52)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:429)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:257)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I see the error with even the simplest JMX (Thread Group containing just a default Dummy Sampler). I've attached the log output and the ant target is below:

<jmeter jmeterhome="${jmeter.home}"
resultlog="${test.system.reports}/JMeter/just_a_dummy.jtl"
failureproperty="tests.failed"
jmeterlogfile="${test.system.reports}/JMeter/just_a_dummy.log"
testplan="${jmeter.files}/just_a_dummy.jmx">
</jmeter>

Has anyone seen similar and can anyone suggest a solution?
Thanks!

apache-jmeter-2.11
apache-ant-1.9.2
JMeterPlugins-Standard-1.3.1.zip

just_a_dummy.log

Vincent Daburon

Jan 15, 2016, 3:20:16 AM1/15/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,
May be this bug will be close with JMeter Plugins 1.4.

Changelog

1.4.0 preparing

  • BlazeMeter Inc. has contributed XMPP testing plugins
  • BlazeMeter Inc. has contributed PhantomJS support for WebDriver
  • Modernize project website, change its look a bit
  • fix consequences of PR #80 further
  • make Dummy Sampler compatible with JMeter 2.12 and earlier
  • ...
Do you use JMeter 2.12 or 2.13 ?

Regards.
Vincent D.

marty....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2016, 5:48:44 PM1/17/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks for the reply Vincent,
I've confirmed the problem isn't seen with JMeter 2.13 which is great so I'll see if our build system can be modified to use that instead.
Thanks again!

and...@blazemeter.com

Jan 18, 2016, 5:50:39 PM1/18/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

This issue was fixed in recent code changes. It will be part of next release.

--
Andrey

marty....@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2016, 6:55:11 PM1/21/16