Perfmon error Unknown command [4]: 'name'

mor...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2012, 12:41:04 PM10/9/12
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use PerfMon Listener but geting the same error again and again.

Server side

There is Windows 8 server. I start ServerAgent.bat from 0.5.4 release.

Jmeter side

There is Windows 7, JMeter 2.8. Testplan consists of HTTP Request Sampler, View Results Tree Listener and Perfmon Metrics Collector

Problem

Here is an error in serverAgent output after JMeter start:

ERROR   2012-10-09 11:24:05.144 [kg.apc.p] (): Error executing command
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unknown command [4]: 'name'
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonMetricGetter.processCommand(PerfMonMetricGetter
.java:87)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonMetricGetter.processNextCommand(PerfMonMetricGe
tter.java:101)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonWorker.read(PerfMonWorker.java:210)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonWorker.processCommands(PerfMonWorker.java:97)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.AgentTool.processParams(AgentTool.java:72)
        at kg.apc.cmdtools.PluginsCMD.processParams(PluginsCMD.java:63)
        at kg.apc.cmdtools.PluginsCMD.processParams(PluginsCMD.java:23)
        at kg.apc.cmd.UniversalRunner.main(UniversalRunner.java:150)

I've found some bug reports with the same error messages. Evrytime the answer was: you are using different versions of our plugin on the server side and on the JMeter side.
But I am sure that I am running the same version on a both sides. I think that I am doing something wrong.
Could you help me and show right direction for a further research. Sorry for my English (:

mor...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2012, 8:03:09 AM10/12/12
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com, mor...@gmail.com
So I have solved this problem.
I was sure, that I was using the latest java on the both sides.
But suddenly I discovered that there is system variable called JAVA_HOME and it's is pointed on older java.
I just have changed this path and everything is working greatly! :)