Android

Mario Lenci

Sep 22, 2011, 1:36:22 PM9/22/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm an Android Developer, sice a couple of days I started programming some 3D apps. After few projects i now want to go further and add a physic engine.
Till now i found only C++/C library that has been used on Android ( by the NDK ).
I m looking at jinngine cause it is a java library and maybe it's not that difficult to integrate it in Android.

Does anybody ever tried to port jinngine to android?
Do you think it would be possible? if yes, how time and complexity expensive do you think would be?

thx in advance and sry for my bad english

Mario

Javier Fernández

Sep 22, 2011, 4:45:57 PM9/22/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mario,

I used jinngine in Android with no problems at all... You just have to add the jar to your buildpath and use it like in any other Java project.

Give it a try and let me know how it was.

Javier

Mario Lenci

Sep 23, 2011, 3:50:05 AM9/23/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
yeah, i actually found on old post talking about it, easy integration after all the work i had to do to work with bullet or jbullet either.

My goal is to realize a die being affected by accelerometer vector and shaking.
At the time i just have a box with a floor with jCPT as 3D library and it seems to render enought fast,
i'll write here when i'll tested it better with somthing a little bit more advanced.

can you maybe help a little with rotation? jCPT objects take a matrix4 and by jinngine i get a matrix3? how do i translate it?

jfelrod1960

Nov 8, 2011, 12:31:30 PM11/8/11
to jinngine
I'm having problems using Jinngine with Android. This link
http://bompo-blog.appspot.com/2011/3/Physics-Engines-in-libgdx says
the Dalvik GC not working with Jinngine well. I'm going to see if I
can narrow the problem down. Has anyone worked with Android and
Jinngine successfully?

Thanks
Jeff

On Sep 23, 2:50 am, Mario Lenci <mariooo.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah, i actually found on old post talking about it, easy integration after
> all the work i had to do to work with bullet or jbullet either.
>
> My goal is to realize a die being affected by accelerometer vector and
> shaking.
> At the time i just have a box with a floor with jCPT<http://www.jpct.net/jpct-ae/>as 3D library and it seems to render enought fast,

Morten Silcowitz

Nov 10, 2011, 6:31:47 AM11/10/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I think the main problem useless allocation of temporary math types.
It seems that neither the common java compilers or the Dalvik VM makes
use of escape analysis, which could reduce such allocations to the
stack or even eliminate them completely. I did do some work in the
geometry_rework branch, that reduces the allocations in jinngine
drastically. Looks like the version used in the blog you referenced
could be using an older version of jinngine. Have you tried using the
latest one?

Jeffrey Elrod

Nov 10, 2011, 10:01:10 AM11/10/11
to jinn...@googlegroups.com
Yes ... I think the problem is on my end. I have to limit the number
of physics objects when running in Android. Thanks for responding.

I hope all is well with you.
Jeff